Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations BHA

Mohammed Al Fayed

Jul 30, 2011
London
Greetings fellow football supporters!

Ive just signed up for this board due to my admiration of Brighton, and following my great memories of the famous BHA Fulham clashes in the 90's. I salute all you loyal supporters who have their just reward today after all the troubles of the last decade. You should all feel proud (which obviously you do) and the football community are really behind you.

Im interested to know, if you are just happy to have a new ground or if you consider it a step up from the Goldstone?

Theres some great links between our clubs in recent years with Adams, Cullip, Carpenter, Freeman, Zamora etc and I wish you well for the season ahead. Cheers

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Are you for real? Am puzzled by your 'are just happy to have a new ground or if you consider it a step up from the Goldstone'.................what do you think?

Mohammed Al Fayed

Jul 30, 2011
London
Are you for real? Am puzzled by your 'are just happy to have a new ground or if you consider it a step up from the Goldstone'.................what do you think?
Yes, a serious post if not worded the best. Apologies for any offence. I should have said, if you were at the Goldstone still, would you happily move to Falmer?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Thanks and yes very very very to the power never ending happy-The Goldstone would have fallen down by now-was never right what happened,but what happened happened for a reason (well i believe) and that reason was Falmer-it is Awesome..and forget 22,500 it has the potential to go beyond 30k,a big step up.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
No offence taken. If you could see the emotion and elation on peoples faces pre and post match today, I think that would answer the question.
We have a magnificent stadium and a great season ahead of us.
There have been lots of twists and turns, ifs and buts in our journey to Amex. The big fact is, we have our home.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Greetings fellow football supporters!

Ive just signed up for this board due to my admiration of Brighton, and following my great memories of the famous BHA Fulham clashes in the 90's. I salute all you loyal supporters who have their just reward today after all the troubles of the last decade. You should all feel proud (which obviously you do) and the football community are really behind you.

Im interested to know, if you are just happy to have a new ground or if you consider it a step up from the Goldstone?

Theres some great links between our clubs in recent years with Adams, Cullip, Carpenter, Freeman, Zamora etc and I wish you well for the season ahead. Cheers

Sir ?

If indeed you are for real, you will surely be aware that firstly the problems for our club extended back more than one decade.

The BHAFC board of the time did not offer the option of the Goldstone Ground to us the supporters of BHAFC, they simply decided to sell it without reference to either supporters or the articles of association of the club as prescribed by the Football League.

With that in mind, I suppose, it would be fair to say that today most BHAFC fans would probably, after due consideration, take the view that the 'move' to the Amex Stadium at Falmer was probably a reasonably good move.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
What happened with the Goldstone end of the day had to happen, it was dilapidated and the club was limited in regards developing it so we could never have moved forward there!

On listening today, I could not get over the noise, and even now, it just hasnt sunk in that Brighton and Hove Albion are now home and playing on level ground to other clubs!

A magnificent day!!!

Mohammed Al Fayed

Jul 30, 2011
London
No offence taken. If you could see the emotion and elation on peoples faces pre and post match today, I think that would answer the question.
We have a magnificent stadium and a great season ahead of us.
There have been lots of twists and turns, ifs and buts in our journey to Amex. The big fact is, we have our home.

Im sure. I know a lot of BHA fans and some who choose to wait for the Donny game (regrettably Im told)! And dead right, a real ground for real fans.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sir ?

If indeed you are for real, you will surely be aware that firstly the problems for our club extended back more than one decade.

The BHAFC board of the time did not offer the option of the Goldstone Ground to us the supporters of BHAFC, they simply decided to sell it without reference to either supporters or the articles of association of the club as prescribed by the Football League.

With that in mind, I suppose, it would be fair to say that today most BHAFC fans would probably, after due consideration, take the view that the 'move' to the Amex Stadium at Falmer was probably a reasonably good move.[/QUOTE]

Still not right at the time-if a female is "R" you know that word,and comes through to be like mother Theresa and does wonders,still does not make it right...just a favourable outcome,that's all.

Mohammed Al Fayed

Jul 30, 2011
London
Thankyou, how is Michael Jackson being received at the Cottage ?

As everyone knows its a farce. A statue of Fulham legend Johnny Haynes was commissioned a couple of years ago, which stands outside the Stevenage Rd stand if your familiar with the ground. The fans raised the money for that statue and it cost a reported £90k. The Jacko statue cost a reported £250k and is a joke.....many loyal fans (from the 80s etc) were talking of surrendering their season tickets but the fuss died down and its almost forgotten about. No one likes it, but MAF has arguably saved the club from nothing so hes untouchable.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
We were always going to leave the Goldstone in the end. It had been talked about for years. It was terrible the way it finished but today is a day for celebration at finally after decades of talk, the dream becoming a reality

Mohammed Al Fayed

Jul 30, 2011
London
Sir ?

With that in mind, I suppose, it would be fair to say that today most BHAFC fans would probably, after due consideration, take the view that the 'move' to the Amex Stadium at Falmer was probably a reasonably good move.

Im aware of Archer / Bulstrode. Are you aware of Ernie Clay and his intention to sell Craven Cottage to property developers and merge us with QPR in the mid 80's? A few similarities between our clubs I would suggest.

Mohammed Al Fayed

Jul 30, 2011
London
Im aware of Archer / Bulstrode. Are you aware of Ernie Clay and his intention to sell Craven Cottage to property developers and merge us with QPR in the mid 80's? A few similarities between our clubs I would suggest.
Sorry....should read Bellotti I think/......Bulstrode was one of the arses who tried to knock down the Cottage....too many beers!

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
I can confirm that this thread is not a wind up the poster m a f is a good pal of mine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here