Votes: 9 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
Barnet v Shrewsbury
Aldershot v Hereford

Both these matches are due to kick off 1945 this Thursday.
Just thought you'd like to know:wave:
Ist leg by the way

Last edited:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I don't think I'll be alone in wanting to see both Hereford and Aldershot back in the league at some point. But, as it can only be one this year, I'll go for Hereford.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Will be grossly unfair if Hereford don't go up as they finished one point from the top and about 17 above the third team.

However I fancy Aldershot to beat them; the winner of that leg should go up.

Are Barnet allowed up? Will they have to share with Stevenage?

This time next year it will be Crawley.

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
Wouldn't mind it being Barnet as they are the only ground of the four I have yet to get to - also they are a London team!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
fatboy said:
Are Barnet allowed up? Will they have to share with Stevenage?

This time next year it will be Crawley.

Would crawley be allowed to go up? As don't you have to have a mininum of 6,000 capacity stadium?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
filthy said:
Would crawley be allowed to go up? As don't you have to have a mininum of 6,000 capacity stadium?

This is true. It is 6000 seats as well I think.

They would have to lose at least one of the terraces behind the goal and put a stand in.

I am not convinced they can do anything down the other long side even though people tell me they can.

They could always share Withdean!

I've voted for Hereford.

Donny are back. With Hereford back, I think we're reaching the point where the Albion's two years as 23rd best team in the Third Division can start to be expunged from our memories.

Although it will take a brand new stadium before we can put Archer and Bellotti behind us.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Lord Bracknell said:
I've voted for Hereford.

Donny are back. With Hereford back, I think we're reaching the point where the Albion's two years as 23rd best team in the Third Division can start to be expunged from our memories.

Although it will take a brand new stadium before we can put Archer and Bellotti behind us.

I'm not entirely sure I'd like to completely forget it. Ok, they're not entirely happy memories, especially of Archer and Bellotti, but I never want to forget that day at Hereford, amongst some other days from then.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I want Barnet to win, i've always been enjoyed an away day there and was gutted to see them go out of the league.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Aldershot for me.

Would be great to see a team rise from the ashes and gain league status in such a short time.

Remember seeing Aldershot down the Dripping Pan in there first season after going bust where they brought over a thousand fan.

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
fatboy said:
Will be grossly unfair if Hereford don't go up as they finished one point from the top and about 17 above the third team.

However I fancy Aldershot to beat them; the winner of that leg should go up.

I agree. Hereford should really be promoted, but in a romantic kind of way..it would be great if Aldershot came back into the league.Just think, next season it could be Aldershot V Sheff Wed in a league game! Hooray the shots!
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Heart says Hereford, to set up a nice local derby with Cheltenham and as someone suggested above to finally lay to rest the ghosts of the past and any sense of guilt that we felt at sending them out of the league. A few weeks ago a bloke came round to fit a new electric meter, we got chatting about footy in general and he started singing the praises of Hereford, it wasn't till I was showing him out the door that I let on that I was an Albion fan, he started shouting expletives as he walked back to his van but I just wished him well for the rest of the season.

Anyway, my head says Aldershot, they have crept into the play-offs at the last minute at the expense of Exeter, if they can beat Hereford over two legs then they will deserve to win the final and get back into the league.

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
bobbyzee said:
Barnet v Shrewsbury
Aldershot v Hereford

Both these matches are due to kick off 1945 this Thursday.
Just thought you'd like to know:wave:
Ist leg by the way

I thought they played the 2nd leg first !!!:p

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
Re: Re: Conf playoffs

Incredigull said:
I thought they played the 2nd leg first !!!:p
you saucy git!
:p :p :jester: :p :p

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
i agree on it being unfair on hereford but that is what happens in teh playoffs and i would be delighted if aldershot could make it back into the league.

gives hope to others to get back in it like they have :clap:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
RoyalAli said:
Aldershot Town were never in the league
Adlershot were.

A minor difference that people could hopefully make with Wimbledon and AFC in a few years.

a point i was gonna put in my post but didnt bother! it is really the same tho as they had to change the name/reform when they went bankrupt...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here