Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Con/Lab they just dont get it.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I am no big fan of the Lib/Ds,however as Cameron says it is 'time for change' I simply don't see the L/Ds getting less than 30% we have our troops spread across the globe in the name of democracy,yet so many votes at home count for nothing,CMD 'time for change' could come back to haunt you ? :wave:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Lab/Con do get it .At every election for the last 90 years or more in fact.So though I'm voting liberal,it's a tactical vote to keep the Tory out,and as at just about every election ,when it comes to putting the cross in the box the Liberals will be left behind.

Sorry.I'll be amazed if the Liberals get anything like 30% on a national level.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
And tbh a poll last night done for ITV showing 32 con 31 lib and 28 lab asked the same people if they wanted coalition or majority government showed 72 % favouring a majority government!!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry.I'll be amazed if the Liberals get anything like 30% on a national level.
Last week, I'd have agreed with you. But since then, the press have smeared him, the two big parties have both laid into him, and yet people aren't listening to any of them.

In the end, people want real change from an arrogant goverment, and know whats coming if the Tories end up in power. And it seems that a good number of the electorate want to give the Lib Dems a chance.

I reckon they'll take about 28% and 100 seats - more than enough to be Kingmaker and force through electoral reform.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I reckon they'll take about 28% and 100 seats - more than enough to be Kingmaker and force through electoral reform.

You are probably right - PR here we come. Great....

So we'll have idiots like Farage and Griffin having much more of a say in how the Country is run.

Remember that UKIP got 16.5% and the BNP 6.2% of the National Vote in the last European Elections

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You are probably right - PR here we come. Great....

So we'll have idiots like Farage and Griffin having much more of a say in how the Country is run.

Remember that UKIP got 16.5% and the BNP 6.2% of the National Vote in the last European Elections
You may not like them, but if the public vote for them, they have a mandate. And if the BNP, the Greens or UKIP form part of a government (which is unlikely), they are only going to extract one or two concessions and little else.

But anyway, how can that be any less right than having the country governed by a party of 35% of the popular vote in an electoral system that doesn't even encourage the votes of people with minority-held opinions?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont see Liberals getting the proportion shown in the polls, but they will do very well this time. one stat that i read this morning, and i've seen others similar over the weeks, is that 81% of those saying they'll vote Tory will definatly vote tory, 70% for Labour, but only 50 odd % of Liberal voters are definate. or put another way, they picked up a lot of floaters that are still undecided.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You may not like them, but if the public vote for them, they have a mandate. And if the BNP, the Greens or UKIP form part of a government (which is unlikely), they are only going to extract one or two concessions and little else.

I can't see any of the big three parties getting in bed with the likes of BNP of UKIP but I can see the Greens having a say in a future PR-elected government. It happened in Germany.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't see any of the big three parties getting in bed with the likes of BNP of UKIP but I can see the Greens having a say in a future PR-elected government. It happened in Germany.
No-one will get into bed with the BNP but the Greens and UKIP might have influence. The best UKIP will ever manage is a few concessions on trivial issues, seeing as the big issues would demand referendums anyway. The same for the Greens, seeing as they campaign on a platform of costly alternatives to nuclear power etc, they'll never get anything serious underway.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Last week, I'd have agreed with you. But since then, the press have smeared him, the two big parties have both laid into him, and yet people aren't listening to any of them.

In the end, people want real change from an arrogant goverment, and know whats coming if the Tories end up in power. And it seems that a good number of the electorate want to give the Lib Dems a chance.

Hmm.Trouble for the Liberals is that they will have to attach themselves to one or other of the big parties.They will then be seen as either Labour or Tory at the upcoming in 15 months general election,when voters will go with their usual choice,and the Liberal vote will collapse so that they will once again be calling for their taxi .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here