Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Complete stranger

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Whats the biggest thing or best favour you've done for a complete stranger?

I was getting a taxi and asked a guy to split as we were both going to amex to avoid train que..he was skint so he jumped in i paid :albion2:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Given them CPR in British Homes Stores and got them breathing again !!!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I drove a girl around for four two looking for her drunken mate, then brought her lunch and offered her a shoulder to cry on.

To be honest though the decision to help her was made easier by the fact she was FIT and wearing some very short shorts.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Met an American couple in the train station at Marrakech, we were all heading to Tangiers. Met them again on the ferry crossing over to Algeciras, the bloke was suffering from food poisoning and was looking really rough. When we got to spain i headed into the car hire centre and hired their last available car. As we were sorting out the car, the blokes girlfriend came in and tried to hire a car, but of course we had the last one.

I ended up driving them to Malaga, where they were both students. We weren't originally headed that way, but we had no firm plans so seemed like the nice thing to do. Had to stop several times along the way for Mr Yank to use the bathroom facilities of various restarauts, and im not sure they were hugely grateful when i nearly hit a parked car in Malaga because i forgot that being left hand drive that meant there was more car to the right of me than normal.

It worked out ok as i quite liked Malaga and we wouldn't have gone their otherwise.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Almost the other way round, we got a free taxi from the racecourse to Brighton station once. We were next in queue, and the guy behind asked if we wouldn't mind sharing as he had a train to catch to London. He was a bookmaker, and I guess he had a good night, as he paid for the taxi in full.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I give money every month to an Orphan in India. Helps pay for all her schooling and healthcare

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Stopping a young boy from being beaten the shit out of by his mother in Freshfield Road.

We were driving up Freshfield Road when we saw a woman punching and stamping on a boy's head - he was only about 6 or 7.

We stopped the car, jumped out and pulled her off him. She was still screaming abuse at him. My missus stayed with the boy while I made sure the mother could get nowhere near him. The mother was all the while shouting obscenities at the boy from across the street. We called the police and they eventually turned up about half an hour later.

Last edited:

Whats the biggest thing or best favour you've done for a complete stranger?

I was getting a taxi and asked a guy to split as we were both going to amex to avoid train que..he was skint so he jumped in i paid :albion2:
The opposite happened to me when the Albion were playing at Donny and our train was delayed by a jumper at Peterborough.

Arriving at Doncaster station at about 3.15pm, we hung around, wondering if a taxi would ever show up. A small group then assembled and one of this newly-gathered party was kind enough to get us all into the same cab and pay for everyone when we eventually arrived at the ground.

Thank you, Mr Bloom.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not me , but a work colleague:

He was in Edinburgh for work, two days before Christmas, and when he went to catch his flight home, all flights were grounded due to bad weather, and not expected to be sorted until after Christmas.

No hire cars to be had from any of the desks at the airport.

He called the office and we managed to get him a car through an agent, to be delivered to him at the airport.

Whilst he had been in the queue at the airline desk trying to get info, the chap behind him, was in the same boat, trying to get back down here. He was only up there for the day for a job interview, so all at his own costs, etc, unlike our guy.

I believe that he was quite appreciative, when my colleague offered to drive him all the way home to Southampton.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
For

I leant a random girl $250 to help her get back home from Cuba after she had pretty much everything stolen. A nice letter and cheque were waiting for me on my return to the UK.

Against

A Malawian cycled me 4km along a hot, dusty road, but refused to take any money from me, despite being obviously poor. I was rather touched by his generosity.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Many years ago pulled a young lad out of the swimming pool at Butlins in Bognor. He had disappeared under the water and I later found out was having an epileptic fit - handed him to the lifeguard at the side of the pool who hadn't seen the incident and who took him off to the first aid room. Later saw him walking round the pool so at least he was ok.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
For

I leant a random girl $250 to help her get back home from Cuba after she had pretty much everything stolen. A nice letter and cheque were waiting for me on my return to the UK.

Yay or nay?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Stopping a young boy from being beaten the shit out of by his mother in Freshfield Road.

We were driving up Freshfield Road when we saw a woman punching and stamping on a boy's head - he was only about 6 or 7.

We stopped the car, jumped out and pulled her off him. She was still screaming abuse at him. My missus stayed with the boy while I made sure the mother could get nowhere near him. The mother was all the while shouting obscenities at the boy from across the street. We called the police and they eventually turned up about half an hour later.

Again - well done. Easy to go past.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My brother offered to help a partially sighted, zimmer framed 90+ year old man across a busy road. The old sod told him to 'f*ck off'!

I drove the front of my car over the edge of a wall that had a 10 foot drop below it. Some guy walking past ran home and came back with his car, his girlfriend and a tow rope and pulled me to safety. Regrettably all I could offer him was a fiver for his efforts - and he was reluctant to take it...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Before Christmas there was a big new fall of snow and I was driving past the stadium up the Falmer Road. There was no much on the road and I saw three adults and a pre-teen girl traipsing through the knee deep snow in inappropriate clothes. I stopped and asked if there was a problem. Their car had broken down and they could not get a taxi and there were no buses. We offered a lift and they squeezed in. We gave them a lift to Lewes Prison where they were going to visit the girls father. Easy for me - but I think they were very grateful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here