Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Compared to last year

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Compared to last year after first three games

we already have 2 more points
we are in the second round of the league cup
and we have been watched by 34985 more fans.

and think how that season finished

I think we'll be alright

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
i wouldn't get too ahead of yourself after 2 games... having said that, i am very optimistic for this season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Compared to last year after first three games

we already have 2 more points
we are in the second round of the league cup
and we have been watched by 34985 more fans.

and think how that season finished

I think we'll be alright

Well I don't think we are going down if that's what you mean.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
I still find it a bit surreal that we are actually in the Championship and are one of just five teams to have won both opening fixtures :clap: Onwards and upwards :)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its a long season and we have played two sides who look like top candiates for the bottom 6 based upon the squads they have and to be honest have been lucky to get 6 points. Mid Table is fine by me. Under Gus we will get better all the time and he will continue to play the delightful flowing football, but there is some big and much better sides coming up and it will be great to see how far we have actually come since last year. if we can get 65 points this year it will be a great effort.

Seagull1967

Aug 8, 2009
Barnsley
If we achieve a top 8 finish by the end of the season it will be a job well done and beyond my expectations. If we finish in the bottom six it would be a huge anti climax.

By the end of September I think we will have a good idea how Brighton will compete this season and who the new additional two or three players will fit in.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Six points is a great start but maybe a bit soon to be realistically assessing our chances. Just two League games against a spirited Donny and a poor Pompey side. Didn't overwhelm the Gills in the Carling Cup either. IMHO Cardiff will be a better indicator of where we are. There are some other dangerous sides and even bigger spenders out there. Mid table would not be a disaster. Anything above that will be excellent.

I am mindful that we have injuries and yet to put out the same side, let alone what I feel our strongest team could be.

A big positive for me is Buckley who has already dispelled my initial doubts. Hope his injury does not stop him continuing his early form. I liked the comment on a Pompey forum admitting that he was 'bossing the game' until he got kicked off the park.

Going forward we look good, except for Barnes who looked slightly lost at times (maybe understandable with a hyperactive CMS and KLL/Noone/Buckley tearing around). I suspect Hoskins may get a go instead of Barnes. When the forwards really develop an understanding and 'click' as a team someone will get a real hiding. However I am a little wary of our defence and the occasional gaps in midfield.

I know Gus is still looking at signings and trust him to do right. We have a modest squad compared to the fancied sides - already it is clear just how physical the Championship is and how little protection the refs are giving.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I hate losing and even when we lost last year in the bigger picture we were always run away leaders. Even the thought of losing against Cardiff hacks me off. Silly way to think but at the moment the good times just keep rolling and I love singing and meaning the song "We're by far the greatest team the world has EVER seen" .
Of course this will change and we'll no doubt have a few bad spells this year but for now the momentum is carrying us further and further

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Really? We've got the best squad we've had in years.

I hope we go up, and I think we've got a real chance to be honest.

Of course there is always a chance Simster, and I agree with you about the squad. I would be overjoyed with promotion (as we all would) but consolidation for this season, and a real push next season seems more realistic though.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I think 10th-15th would be a good finish to our first season back in this league, although I'd love us to be a premier league side, I think that it could do us more harm than good if we were promted this year, incase we got booted straight back out again. When we go for the top flight I want Brighton to stay there for a long time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here