Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comments for 1 special Brighton fan.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
this one...

Nationalist march brings Brighton to a standstill From The Argus)

1) Strong nationalism is a disease, I hope you are cured soon.

2) All external anger and violence is caused by suppression of issues you have within the self.

3) England as you know it and want it is over, all empires ebb and flow, evolution changes.

4) stay away from associating yourself with BHA.

5) you don't look too smart....but i try not to judge so won't continue on this comment.

this one...

2) All external anger and violence is caused by suppression of issues you have within the self.

3) England as you know it and want it is over, all empires ebb and flow, evolution changes.

5) you don't look too smart....but i try not to judge so won't continue on this comment.

6) England as you want it has never really existed in the first place as we are a nation of immigrants, like the majority of the planet.

7) if i can repeat, stay away from associating yourself with BHA as i agree with point 5)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So only people who agree with your political stance can follow the Albion now eh?

No, that's not what he's saying. People shouln't tie the Albion or it's fans in with political issues full stop, be that left, right or centre. That is all.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
the argus could have used any number of pictures for that headline , i wonder why they used a picture that associates our club to these people. do the editors not like us or something.

reminds me of when there was that issue of us being racist to that black ref (sheffield united?) a few years ago . it had a picture of albion fans with their arms up . now we all know we were singing seagulls seagulls!!! im sure the picture editor did too . however, with the headline being albion fans in racism shock or something and a load of fans with their arms up looking like hitler you have to ask the question what are the argus up to.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
this one...

I think you have solved the quandry there.

Every club as followers of different persuasions. If that flag appeared at withdean...and I dont remember ever seeing it..everyone would just sit there and let him get on with it.

This bloke is obviously very keen on his englishness and (seemingly) the Albion. To my mind the former allows the latter to exist at the same time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Atilla quite often wears Albion memorabilia when he "performs", does the same apply to him?
So did the DRUMMER for the band that did the half time Superbowl show in 2008, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.

Marvellous scenes.

:clap:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
6) England as you want it has never really existed in the first place as we are a nation of immigrants, like the majority of the planet.

Thats not true.

The evidence (I don't have any but its out there) suggests that when the Saxsons and the Normans invaded they killed the elliets. 'Normal people' have the same genes which existed thousands of years ago.

Which does prove the point about nationalisum being phenomenon which only existed since the renaissance. in the 1000 noone gave a shit who was incharge, simply because the avagae person was rarely affected by the state.

England though, was the first state to exist. To put it into perpective, France was only unified after the revolution, 200 years ago. Germany and Italy have been countries for about 130 years. England has been a united state for 1000 years.

Anyway, is there some footie or anything.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
this one...

Dont want to rain on your parade as your obviously enjoying yourself, but that isnt actually his flag. If you look at the other pictures he's not anywhere near it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Thats not true.

The evidence (I don't have any but its out there) suggests that when the Saxsons and the Normans invaded they killed the elliets. 'Normal people' have the same genes which existed thousands of years ago.

Which does prove the point about nationalisum being phenomenon which only existed since the renaissance. in the 1000 noone gave a shit who was incharge, simply because the avagae person was rarely affected by the state.

England though, was the first state to exist. To put it into perpective, France was only unified after the revolution, 200 years ago. Germany and Italy have been countries for about 130 years. England has been a united state for 1000 years.

Anyway, is there some footie or anything.

The point of the EDL, as far as I understand it, is not overtly fascist or racist but rather culturalist.

There are many people in the EDL who are black or asian, their main objection is to the rise of Islamic, anti liberal ideas present in areas where there are large influxes of Muslims who have interesting ideas in relation to women,British soldiers and the British state.

Although their activities are characterised as "racist" I believe that their main interests focus on curbing the rise of their perception of anti englishness from the islamists among us.

I read a piece about them in Bradford where the main beef seems to be with young Asian men using the local white slappers as fodder for their sex drives before they settle with a nice girl from a good family from "back home", but then attacking their own girls for going with the local white boys. In real cultural frontlines these issues are very prevalent. Brighton is not an area where there are large groups of Muslims living in ghettos alongside the Brits, if it were, I would venture that a lot of those on here would change their views.

Unfortunately, the "Englishness" they seem to want to protect seems to involve binge-drinking and terrace culture rather than the magnificent contributions that the British have made to the world.

Anyhoo. The movement has by inevitability attracted all sorts of people with far rightist views in general so the protests by the left are inevitable.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
İbrahim Tatlıses;3682913 said:

These people are utterly vile.

Shouldn't Andrew Crofts have been in Norwich training? Paints him in a new light.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
So only people who agree with your political stance can follow the Albion now eh?

Erm when a political stance is obviously racist it is WRONG. These tosser must not be allowed to use our clubs badge in anyway to pedal thier ignortant, pathetic and medieval views. END OF.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Erm when a political stance is obviously racist it is WRONG. These tosser must not be allowed to use our clubs badge in anyway to pedal thier ignortant, pathetic and medieval views. END OF.

Thankfully our country has freedom of speech which is far more than most if not all of the countrys in the middle east ..... Who's views are medieval now !!!!!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The point of the EDL, as far as I understand it, is not overtly fascist or racist but rather culturalist.

There are many people in the EDL who are black or asian, their main objection is to the rise of Islamic, anti liberal ideas present in areas where there are large influxes of Muslims who have interesting ideas in relation to women,British soldiers and the British state.

Although their activities are characterised as "racist" I believe that their main interests focus on curbing the rise of their perception of anti englishness from the islamists among us.

Unfortunately, the "Englishness" they seem to want to protect seems to involve binge-drinking and terrace culture rather than the magnificent contributions that the British have made to the world.

Anyhoo. The movement has by inevitability attracted all sorts of people with far rightist views in general so the protests by the left are inevitable.

Correct, but most just jump on the bandwagon and call them all racist thugs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here