Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coming (back) to a sweet shop near you...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
no_wispa.jpg

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
When? They are the king of chocolate bars.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For those that hadn't heard (and I wasn't aware until it was on Radio *cough* 2 earlier)...

Sweet success for Wispa campaign

Cadbury is to bow down to an internet campaign and bring back the Wispa chocolate bar.

Fans of the old favourite have been using websites such as Facebook and MySpace to demand its return, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Cadbury will make an initial run of 23million bars in October and gauge interest from there.

The company says customers often ask for old favourites to be brought back, but said the numbers joining the internet campaign to re-launch Wispa were unprecedented.

Cadbury spokesman Tony Bilsborough said: "We get letters about the Aztec bar and the lime barrel in the Dairy Milk tray. But this is on a whole different scale.

"This is the first time we are going to give the internet a chance to prove itself and see whether it is all hype or genuine."

Wispa was first brought out in 1981 for a trial in the north east. The bar with a bubbly centre was seen by many as a rival to Nestlé's Aero bar with the slogan "Bite it and Believe It".

Its popularity began to wane in the 1990s and it was finally ditched in 2003 as Cadbury concentrated on other brands but die hard fans of Wispa demanded its return.

Networking sites such as MySpace and YouTube have groups, with thousands of members, dedicated to the veneration of he Wispa bar.

And, earlier this year, two fans stormed the stage at Glastonbury during Iggy Pop's set to hold up a 'Bring Back Wispa' banner.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
YESS!

best bit of news i've had all day (it's been a slow day mind)

wonder if they'll bring back the mint ones and the gold ones too?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Only 23 million are going to be made initially so, errrrm, make sure you stock up quick.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Mmmm, used to love Wispa bars as a kid.

Hopefully if this is a success, the Mint variation may be revived too.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Oh FFS.

Look the person who started this "campaign" on My Spacebook will have been some self-satisfied smug marketing prick from Cadbury's with a joint honours degree in viral marketing and clever-dickery.

Then he'll have hired two soulles wannabee marketing fucktards from the rejects queue at the University of Thames Valley to storm the stage at Glastonbury in a "totally spontaneous" Bring Back Wispa stunt.

Then Cadburys will have put out a "reluctant" statement, then a coy "well it's difficult" statement and then finally a "we've been forced to listen to customer demand" statement to justify making millions more off the chocolate-eating zombies who inhabit our high streets and don't mind giving their money to a firm that mixes its chocolate with industrial waste. In six months time the marketing ponce "reveals all" in Marketing Weekly and picks up the smug marketing **** of the year award at the annual Marketing Wankfest awards. Don't fall for it you fools!

I prefer double-deckers anyway.

Oh FFS.

Look the person who started this "campaign" on My Spacebook will have been some self-satisfied smug marketing prick from Cadbury's with a joint honours degree in viral marketing and clever-dickery.

Then he'll have hired two soulles wannabee marketing fucktards from the rejects queue at the University of Thames Valley to storm the stage at Glastonbury in a "totally spontaneous" Bring Back Wispa stunt.

Then Cadburys will have put out a "reluctant" statement, then a coy "well it's difficult" statement and then finally a "we've been forced to listen to customer demand" statement to justify making millions more off the chocolate-eating zombies who inhabit our high streets and don't mind giving their money to a firm that mixes its chocolate with industrial waste. In six months time the marketing ponce "reveals all" in Marketing Weekly and picks up the smug marketing **** of the year award at the annual Marketing Wankfest awards. Don't fall for it you fools!

I prefer double-deckers anyway.

Oh so cynical ;)

I loved Wispa Gold. Anyhoo....

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Fantastic! I LOVE Wispas!!

Can we start a new campaign now for the return of Marmite crisps please?

But who on this earth would want the return of lime chocolate?!!! GROSS!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Crap Chocolate bar, hardly a cult!

Now if it was a TEXAN bar.......:drool:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Never understood rubbish chocolate, fine nice chocolate yes, but rubbish chocolate I don't get it at all.

(not a chocolate fan as you can see)

Oh, but I did used to LOVE a bacon frazzle, or a rancho - now there was a savory snack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here