Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on then...

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Lots of nice pics, Martin Perry went through all the various parts of the infrastructure and stages before construction. 6 planning applications in relation to the build that will get us all letter writing again.

For STH an oppurtunity for a 'hard hat' day to walk around the stadium on a tour and decide where you want your seat!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought it was very informative and showed the step by step processes involved and all the backgorund work.

For instance the club are using three different solicitors for different aspects and all the agreements required with sussex Uni, construction etc.

Not withstanding PriceWaterhouseCooper appointed to actually put together a package for the banks to bid to offer finance !

There was an issue I was going to raise but didn't as some questions were getting anal regarding Southern Railway as they are consulting with them - basically was it legally binding on trains etc as the franchise is up for renewal in 2009.

Oh and at the last count 16 lifts and no escalators.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Good turnout tonight. I think they only expected beween 250-500. I reckon best part of a thousand there.

Some nice computer generated images that showed the inside of he ground and views as you approach it. Hopefully these will be put on the main website in high resolution so we can download them for our screensavers Mr Insider?

Would have liked to have heard a bit more detail on what facilities are actually going to be in the stands like bars, catering, jumbotron screens, etc but I guess this will come later. Only real downer was hearing of the six new planning applications required. The good news is that Falmer Parish Council are working with the club positively, and the Universities are showing a healthy interest in the project, Brighton Uni is starting work on its new buildings in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

was a very good presentation

Building starts in November - the club will move offices to Falmer by the station in november
Stadium can be made bigger

£50 million + for building etc paid over 15 - 25 years on mortgage basis

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Might be an idea to merge the multiple Falmer Roadshow threads into one definitive thread

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I actually thought the ground was a 100 year mortgage but what do I know ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here