Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on north stand...show some support for Michel

Come on North stand...just took a look at the ticketing for Michel's testomonial and surprised to see the North largely empty.

This is a pattern I noted for the Chelsea game, where north tickets remained largely unsold until they went on general sale. This i took as a message of price sensitivity for these fans and some feedback for the club, but now with Michel's so low in support i'm starting to doubt the faithfulness of the north.

Come on you certainly, make a noise when you turn up...now is time to show some support for an albion legend!!

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Come on North stand...just took a look at the ticketing for Michel's testomonial and surprised to see the North largely empty.

This is a pattern I noted for the Chelsea game, where north tickets remained largely unsold until they went on general sale. This i took as a message of price sensitivity for these fans and some feedback for the club, but now with Michel's so low in support i'm starting to doubt the faithfulness of the north.

Come on you certainly, make a noise when you turn up...now is time to show some support for an albion legend!!

I think you will find that as there was one price for both games people like myself tried a different stand, Tuesday will be in the West Stand lower with quite a few others from the North I would imagine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If I had a Jaguar for sale at £50,000, a BMW at £20,000, a Volkswagen at £10,000 and a Ford Fiesta for £500, but for one day only decided to sell them all at the SAME price, which one would you choose?

Which models are you referring to? This will have an impact on my decision.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
I'm sure there will be some stand swaps, but come on look at the unsolds tickets...its empty. There is a deeper rooted problem here. North stand come on...we need you!

I imagine that there is a lot of stand swapping, so it can't be just be the north stand which needs to show its "support"?!

If I had a Jaguar for sale at £50,000, a BMW at £20,000, a Volkswagen at £10,000 and a Ford Fiesta for £500, but for one day only decided to sell them all at the SAME price, which one would you choose?

Not buying this...we had threads and threads of north is better than, WSL, WSU, ESL last year. Are we saying these were all rubbish and actually everyone wants to be in WSL?

I'm sure Mr Barber can get this detail from his sales figures, but it certainly seems pretty clear to me that we need some more bums on North stand seats on Tuesday.

Come on lets get the north stand filled!!

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
If we don't get at least 15000 Albion fans on Tuesday evening, to show their support for a true Albion legend and proper nice bloke, then it will be embarrassing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If we don't get at least 15000 Albion fans on Tuesday evening, to show their support for a true Albion legend and proper nice bloke, then it will be embarrassing.

Do 15000 know who Kuipers is though? Had the opposition been good then the match would have sold due to this. But it isn't, so tickets are selling on good will for Michael and I doubt we have 15000 who know who he is.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Do 15000 know who Kuipers is though? Had the opposition been good then the match would have sold due to this. But it isn't, so tickets are selling on good will for Michael and I doubt we have 15000 who know who he is.

Of course we have 15000 who know who he is.

But people are on holiday, short of cash, working etc and whilst you plan your life around you ST somewhat, you don't for pre season.

At least I don't anyway.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Not buying this...we had threads and threads of north is better than, WSL, WSU, ESL last year. Are we saying these were all rubbish and actually everyone wants to be in WSL?

I'm sure Mr Barber can get this detail from his sales figures, but it certainly seems pretty clear to me that we need some more bums on North stand seats on Tuesday.

Come on lets get the north stand filled!!

Its a pre season friendly/testimonial....... The North stand is better for atmosphere for competitive games, people are taking advantage of being able to sample what it's like in the other stands for the same price.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Summed it up yesterday when I walked past an Albion fan in an Albion shirt. He was reading the leaflet and said "Who is he, why would I go to that!". I would more than certainly rather sit in a half filled north stand who appreciate the man that is FDM and sing instead of a full North that will moan all night or not even value why we are there! he is a legend and is truly sad that people are not willing to get out for the night. Still 10k will be a good attendance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of course we have 15000 who know who he is.

But people are on holiday, short of cash, working etc and whilst you plan your life around you ST somewhat, you don't for pre season.

At least I don't anyway.

We only had 7-8000 at Withdean so I'm not sure we now have 15000 who feel strongly enough about him or his testimonial.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I can't wait for Tuesday - its the first time in my season ticket seat in the north!!! Can't wait really excited - met keipers yesterday in the shop - thoroughly nice guy - and it's another excuse to have a night out and a vino!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here