Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Gus. It's all becoming far to predictable.....

D

Deleted member 2719

MR Burns how very dare you judge Gus the messiah he doesn't do anything wrong just ask TLO and Thunderbolt you may have to wait for an answer after they pull their tongues from gus's backside thou.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think Mr B makes a good point.

At the game, get behind the team 100%, we showed that we can make a difference against Burnley, shame that too many fans are lazy for so many other games though at Falmer and make such little effort to make some serious noise though.

After the game, debate the issues. Personally I think Gus has worked wonders, but if others think he has underachieved then they are entitled to say that..........and back it up with facts.

We now have six home fixtures remaining, and a 25% chance (IMO) of making the playoffs. If we can't create a rocking atmosphere against

Pompey (derby match)
Derby (will sell out their end)
Boro (play off rivals)
Reading (play off rivals)
Watford (if we are still in with a shout two games to go we should make some noise shirley?)
Birmingham (could be a MASSIVE game)

then perhaps we don't deserve success?

My view is that if a good atmosphere can improve the player's performance by 0.1% then we are idiots for not getting behind the players at matches. We don't have a big wage budget (West Ham are paying Nolan £60,000 a week, Saints are paying Jack Cork £23,000 a week, our average wage is £3,500 a week), few of our players have a lot of CCC experience, but we are still within a gnat's bollock of the play-offs with 11 matches to go.

If we can help turn the dream into reality, why not give more support and MAKE SOME NOISE?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But you could also say we've drawn 4 out of our last five. So maybe we have become predictable

Three of which, Millwall, Doncaster and Cardiff we are more than good enough to win.

Three games and three teams that if we went at them from the off we would have steamrollered but allowed them to settle into their style and pattern. Two out and out wingers and two upfront fron barnes/vokes/cms and we would have battered them.

I will also throw in cov away millwall away and watford away as well. Overall i have to agree with burnsie.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Gus is obviously a good manager, but IMO he is starting to become far to predictable. Yes, I know we are in dream land, yes I know we arethe highest we have been in years, but anyone thinking we could be doing even better?

How many there tonight, upon seeing the triple change coming, predicted the subs? Not hard was it.

He says he picks teams and sets the team up depending on who we are playing, yet picks the same team and sets up the exact same way against Ipswich and Doncaster, and then virtually the same again against Cardiff.

Are these teams so similar that we need to play them the same way?

We have arguabily three of the top ten wingers in the division plus Vicente (what ever the fucks going on there), yet its very rare to see two start the same game, and only seems to play with more than one when we are chasing a game.

What happened to the notation of picking your best team??

To me he pays far to much attention to the oppostion. We have three wingers who scare the shit of full backs, FFS Gus play them, and instead of worrying about how the opposition play, let them worry about us for a change.

In CMS we have one of the most lethal strikers in the league, but we don't play to his strengths, and when he finally brings on the wingers to supply the ammo CMS thrives of, CMS is sitting on the bench.

In short, I know its not cool and I know its not different, but play 4-4- f***ing 2 with CMS up front with Vokes (or Barnes if you really have to which you seem you do) with two from Noone, Buckley and Lua Lua on the wings, and let the opposition worry about us for a change. Because its all becoming far to predictable.

Otherwise what is the point of having CMS, a player who scored most of his goals in and around the six yard box, yet not supply him with changes around that area.

Great post - Poyet panicked when we went 1-0 down and threw on the subs quick smart. At least 2 of those subs should have been on at HT when it was quite clear that the system we had set up wasnt working. We had the lions share of possesion but created next to nothing. Whats the point in having 80% of the ball if you dont create? As soon as Buckley, Noone came on we looked threatening and still retained the majority of possesion. If we had started like that we may have been out of sight by HT as CC showed they just wanted to defend for 45 then try and counter after the break. Of course Poyer doesnt get it wrong every week but like the OP has stated, we could actually be doing better than 7th IMO if we just set up with more of an attacking formation from the off especially at home where we could have crushed a defensive CC and had the game won by HT.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think Mr B makes a good point.

If we can help turn the dream into reality, why not give more support and MAKE SOME NOISE?

What are you going on about? Falmer is probably in the top 5 atmospheres in this division, if not the best. I cant think of one away match this season where I have thought the home support has made more noise than we do at Falmer. Some people need to stop living in some sort of utopian vocal support fairytale and realise that 90 percent of fans at EVERY SINGLE GROUND in this country rarely if ever sing.

We have got it pretty good and when the players do there bit its excellent.

The only thing that does let Falmer down are the acoustics from the North. Even when half the stand is singing it sounds pretty quiet in the south wsl.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Tend to disagree with the first part of your post as trying to get a stable starting 11 has taken us until pretty much now, and we seem to be playing more comfortably with that assurance. However I think you've nailed spot on in the second half of your post; wish we'd play two wingers, to help CMS out more. That way he could still play Barnesy up front and afford to have him track back, with the assurance that CMS will still have service from 2 out of Buckley/Assulin/LuaLua/CMS.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
As I said on the other thread, if you are so confident, then post a poll.

polls on here are about as acurate as Navarro's shooting. The ashley barnes threads only attract the posters who see through BHA Rose TS and know precisely nothing about football. They still think hes a Winger ffs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree with Mrs Burns sentiment but would say that CMS thrives on through balls which Razak was brought in to provide but unfortunately last night he got bogged down and didn't provide them. This is why I am sure Poyet decided on changing the whole approach and it worked and apart from a Brezovan mad moment again would have paid dividends so all is not lost.

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Gus sets us up to be difficult to break down in the first half and makes late changes to nick the game. This is why we see so few goals up the south end of the Amex. It has worked with some success so far but at present when teams come to us and sit back we don't seem to have the answers to break them down.

But hey a good house is built on solid foundations!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
polls on here are about as acurate as Navarro's shooting. The ashley barnes threads only attract the posters who see through BHA Rose TS and know precisely nothing about football. They still think hes a Winger ffs.

How much do you know about football then?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
MR Burns how very dare you judge Gus the messiah he doesn't do anything wrong just ask TLO and Thunderbolt you may have to wait for an answer after they pull their tongues from gus's backside thou.

I'm sure there are far more eloquent responses to that utter puddle of wet horseshit, but I'll respond with a short 'f*** off, you ignorant prat', principally because you don't deserve any better.

Come back when you know what you're on about.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But we did. Because they like, 99% of football teams, cannot cope with fast tricky wingers. So why not play to our strengths. If we didn't have Noone, Buckley and Lua Lua, then I'd agree we would be punching well over our weight in 7th place, but we have them, and a striker that most teams in this division would love to have, but we don't play them. We should have comforably best Millwall, Doncaster and Cardiff with the squad we have. But we got 3 points out them, instead of 9. The only time he played two wingers was against Liverpool, probably one of the last teams we should have gone all attacking at!!!

It's not that simple though is it? Did you see how they countered on those rare occasions they got the ball off us? Bloody scary it was. One less defensive midfielder and a fair chance they would've scored 2 or 3 more. Starting with 2 wingers would see us much weaker defensively. Lua Lua doesn't track back. Noone does a bit but is hardly a battering ram in terms of winning the ball back.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Three games and three teams that if we went at them from the off we would have steamrollered but allowed them to settle into their style and pattern. Two out and out wingers and two upfront fron barnes/vokes/cms and we would have battered them.

We would've also conceded plenty more goals.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
People talk about the 2nd half like we were THAT much better, but what was the first half score:

0-0

What was the second half score:

2-2

Is that really that much better?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....although you must admint Wittingham's goal was sublime....is that the dad of teh Wittingham who played along the coast?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It was slow going in the first half last night, a lot better after the break thought that was partly due to Cardiff deciding not to have 10 men behind the ball.

But you have to remember that we could, maybe should have been one or two goals up at half-time. So even with the 'style', had we taken the chances, no one would have been complaining.

The one frustration I have watching Albion's passing game is that it should be for a reason, an end product. The best passing teams keep the ball, always probing, pulling the other team around, waiting for someone to be free or a defender out of position, then they speed it up, a couple of quick killer passes and make the chance. Often, when we have done the hard work, the chance of the killer pass goes begging and it goes backwards or sideways. That's decision-making and awareness, and Gus needs to work on that with the players (I'm sure he does already, to be fair).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here