Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cologne advice

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Got a pass from home so booked a long weekend in cologne with a couple of mates.

Anyone for my advice for a good time?

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
lived around Cologne for 3 years, if you head for the cathedral in the centre everything is with in walking distance, bars restaurants & clubs, a nice place to have a wander and partake the local beer which is excellent, enjoy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Blue Stratos

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Not been for a while so can't recommend specific bars etc. but the local beer is good so just find yourself a bar you like and enjoy...

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
I went there last year and I remember an Irish bar we went into that was pretty good. But just go to the cathedral and walk around from there

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
The local beer is called Kölsch. Served with a big frothy head. Tasty as hell.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Go and see Gerhard Richter's stained glass window in the cathedral. It's my favourite piece of art. I can sit and gaze at it for ages. Pick up the leaflet which explains the thinking behind it and what it stands for; not only is it joy to look at it also stands for so many things I believe in and touches a few elements of my life. Wonderful.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Walk to the top of the Cathedral spire. By the time you have walked back down again you will be ready for a couple of litres of Kolsch.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Kölsch (the local brew) and currywürst are Köln's local specialities.

Lovely old city, I recommend it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here