Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Hawkins

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Does anyone think that despite last nights result Colin Hawkins played pretty well? Seemed to win most headers and i can't remember any terrible gaffs.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
not really. he was all over the place as usual. didn't score any own goals or give a penelty away which i suppose is an improvement... but elphic was pretty much on his own for most of the game.

yes he won the odd header. but only balls played straight on to him i.e. balls knocked into areas directly in front of where he was stood which he can then attack. anything else he struggles to deal with.

he is a very very poor football player. the idea of picking him ahead of lynch is laughable.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I honestly think we have a good player in Hawkins. I just feel Adams rushed him back in to the team after his hernia op. When he's fully fit and earns the respect of the fans he will gain confidence and prove to everyone that he is worthy of wearing the shirt.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Positionally he was all over the shop.

Other than that he was fairly steady, can't really fault him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was much better than either Elphick or Whing but is unfairly criticised on this board. Why dont people realise that Lynch is a past at this club as he has stated that he doesnt want to play for us as is too full of his own ego and self importance lets just get shot of him for the best price possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here