Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cole & James

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
piss off and don't slam the door on the way out !!!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
5 wins in a row

:shocking:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Rooney was fairly shit as well

What, really?! :laugh: Ok, he should have been sent off, or atleast booked for that wild and unneccessarily nasty lunge. But he was amazingly good all night....

Cole is off form, James is the best of a bad bunch imo. Carson is dodgy, as are Robinson and Green. Kirkland isn't fit enough, sadly. I think he's probably the best.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Rooney was fairly shit as well. None of his short passes seemed to go to a team-mate, and his tackling will get him sent off at crucial times for England.

your RIGHT Rooney is toilet, the sooner we start with Bent and Nuggents up front the better !!!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Please somebody explain the purpose of Aaron Lennon.We could play with eleven,or ten and me,or Cox could play,cos he can't centre a ball either.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Next season when he is No 1 at Man Utd Ben Foster will become England No 1 also. Unfortunately Rooneys temperament and odd moment of madness is something that we have to put up with to have him in the team, take that away and you lose 50% of his contribution and effectiveness to the team,.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Rooney is a good player but is too selfish and reckless.

Next season I really hope Owen gets back in the squad but I reckon there is more chance of Glenn Murray getting called up at the moment than Owen.

As for James, he is OK but now we are almost certain to have qualified for the World Cup I reckon we should start trying out one or two of the younger Keepers because he aint going to last much longer and I wouldn't be suprised if he retire after the World Cup.

Ashley Cole, well who else is better than Cole at Left Back?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rooney is a good player but is too selfish and reckless.

Ashley Cole, well who else is better than Cole at Left Back?

Spot on for Rooney, last night.
He had a 'purple patch' half way through the 1st half, then seemed to think we were a 1 man team.

As for Cashley 70 odd caps, all starts, for 3 managers.
I can't see anybody else popping Ronaldo into his back pocket, when we're in the world cup quarter-finals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Next season when he is No 1 at Man Utd Ben Foster will become England No 1 also. Unfortunately Rooneys temperament and odd moment of madness is something that we have to put up with to have him in the team, take that away and you lose 50% of his contribution and effectiveness to the team,.

That's just a crappy cop out trawled out by retired pros who have 1 brain cell more than Rooney.

Last night he made a stupid mistake, instead of sucking it up and moving on, he 'had' to kick someone up in the air. (right in front of the bench).

Unfortunately Rooneys temperament and odd moment of madness is something that we have to put up with to have him in the team that's if he stays on the pitch.
When we get to the really important stuff, he won't be allowed to act like that. So if he can't control himself he'll either do nothing or leave us with 10 men.

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
Rooney was fairly shit as well. None of his short passes seemed to go to a team-mate, and his tackling will get him sent off at crucial times for England.

You should be McClaren's assistant. One dodgy tackle but otherwise he was far and away the best player on the pitch.

You should be McClaren's assistant. One dodgy tackle but otherwise he was far and away the best player on the pitch.

You missed all the low-percentage hopeful passes, the 'one-two's' that didn't get past their defender, the shot cutting back from the byline that almost missed the side-netting when two of ours were open in the box.

One nice cross to Lennon, and a couple of linking-up moves on the left with Gerrard and Cole, do not warrant an England cap in my books.

As for "best player on the pitch", I believe the assist for goal 1, the scoring of goal 2, the exemplary practically flawless defending, and stolid all-round linking play of Terry head-and-shoulders above anyone else deserved the MOM award.

No thanks to the McClaren's assistant job, I can't speak...er...how you say... pidgin English, (and would find it hard to resist smacking the mcClown)

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I thought Rooney got in the way a bit last night and his insistance that everything went through him took any influence Gerrard was going to have out of the game (Gerrard seemed to disappear for most of the second half). He dropped off far too much IMO.

Beckham was more effective than Lennon who can't seem to do anything but try and get to the touchline before crossing, has he ever heard of beating his man on the inside?

Still 5 out of 5 and we still have Heskey, Walcott and Joe Cole to come back.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
That's just a crappy cop out trawled out by retired pros who have 1 brain cell more than Rooney.

Last night he made a stupid mistake, instead of sucking it up and moving on, he 'had' to kick someone up in the air. (right in front of the bench).

Unfortunately Rooneys temperament and odd moment of madness is something that we have to put up with to have him in the team that's if he stays on the pitch.
When we get to the really important stuff, he won't be allowed to act like that. So if he can't control himself he'll either do nothing or leave us with 10 men.

I think he proved against Portugal in 2006 that his temper WILL cost us when it matters.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Rooney is our best player. Not all his 1-2's are going to come off - no player can do that. But he has the bravery to try and the skill for them to sometimes work. He provides the intelligence that scares a defence - let alone a packed defence.

Plus he cares - and he drives the team forward. He is a top bloke. He does need to control his tamper and tackling though. And I don't go along with the "lose that and he will lose half his game". He will be a better player. Till then it is the captain who needs to be ready to have a word with him on the pitch.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think he proved against Portugal in 2006 that his temper WILL cost us when it matters.

Indeed. You wouldn't get a player like ol' Golden Balls letting us down like young Waynetta!

Oh. :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here