Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Coincidences

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
A few years ago my wife and I were walking on a remote beach in Southern India . A couple the same age walked towards us the man was someone I knew from work and the wife was someone that my wife knew from her work .

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I have 5 siblings, I am the oldest (eldest?), three sisters, two brothers and me.
My oldest sister, my youngest sister and my oldest brother all have the same birthday - there is no "special day" 9 months before this (as my father was often asked).

-oOo-

I the late 90's I was in Disneyworld California for less than a day, with 2 other grown men / work colleagues - we were returning from a week-long company "successful salesman's freebie" to Hawaii, and had delayed our flight home by a day to "do Disney". (Those were the days).

We had rushed around Disney - we stayed in a nearby hotel the previous night and were actually first into the Disney Park that morning - and now needed some food before we got back into our rented Firebird to get to the airport to fly home.

My job was to find us a table in the Disney hamburger bar while my mates got the food.

I found a table that was only part-filled by an english sounding lady and her two kids, also waiting for their dad to arrive with the food.

I asked if we could share their table and they readily agreed.

The food arrived and in the ensuing conversations it transpired that they lived about 300 yards from me in sunny Crawley.

A few days later my next door neighbour was "paying the papers" in the local newsagents, when she told them her address the lady next to her said "I met your next door neighbour in Disney last week".

Is that one coincidence or two?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Many moons ago, en route to Goa, I was propping up the airport bar in Bahrain during a refuelling stop when someone tapped me on the shoulder and said in a slightly creepy whiney voice: 'excuse me, you don't get the 07:05 from Preston Park in the mornings do you by any chance?'. Didn't know the bloke from Adam, but memorised the face during a short and stilted conversation about the shortcomings of the UK rail network's Southern region, and spent the next six months dodging him on the London-bound platform of Preston Park station

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
The first time we ever went abroad as a family my mum got chatting to a couple outside Gatwick Airport. Turns out they were on the same flight on us, and the same hotel, and the room next door to us!
Still in touch years later.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Opened my mail to find a statement from NatWest but it was not my account turns out the woman in the flat downstairs had the same intail and surname as me,I have an unusual surname never met anyone with my surname.horrible woman still get bills for her,just ignore them like a did her.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So there were two Brighton fans that I used to sometimes talk to on the train.

It was only later I found out they both lived in the same road....

...mine.

I asked them how they met and they said it was really funny. They met in this bar in Russia and not only found out they were Brighton fans but lived very near each other.

A few years later then found out one of their wives was in band with one of my wife's friends who we hadn't seen for years.

None of us Londoners. Their friendship was from Leeds.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
So there were two Brighton fans that I used to sometimes talk to on the train.

It was only later I found out they both lived in the same road....

...mine.

I asked them how they met and they said it was really funny. They met in this bar in Russia and not only found out they were Brighton fans but lived very near each other.

A few years later then found out one of their wives was in band with one of my wife's friends who we hadn't seen for years.

None of us Londoners. Their friendship was from Leeds.
I had one today, a couple of years ago it came up in conversation with a very good mate that we both have an umbilical hernia, at the time I thought that this in itself was quite coincidence!
Anyway I eventually got around to getting looked at through my private health policy and today went to see the consultant and was booked in to have my operation at the Spire in Hove at the end of October. The surgeon told me at the time that he was getting quite a few NHS patients sent his way.
This afternoon I got a call from my mate who had been going through the NHS with his hernia for some time to tell me that he had received call out of the blue and that he had been given a date for his operation which was is in couple of weeks time.
Turns out we are both going in for an operation for the same issue at same hospital with the same surgeon a couple of weeks apart!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went to Cyprus on a family holiday in 2011, my sons had their Albion shirts on in the hotel and a girl working there told us she was from Brighton. We got chatting about where in Brighton she came from and her parents lived next door to a good friend of my son.
Another hotel guest told me he lived in Saltdean, I said I work there regularly and he told me his partners dad was also a plumber, turned out the dad lived near me and i worked with him in the 90s.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I phoned a friend and he picked up his home phone (this was pre mobiles....years ago) immediately. In fact, his phone hadn't even rang yet and he'd picked up his receiver to dial me 😲. He was pretty shocked I was on the line saying 'hi'. 😁
This happened to me again a year later, different friend.
What.are.the.chances!? Pretty small.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I got talking to a supporter sitting next to me on a Seagulls Travel coach for the Crawley game. To our astonisment we had tickets sitting next to each other at the game.
My family sit together where we have season tickets. A mutual friend had started coming to some games again as his current job allowed it. He had no idea where we sat. So we were astonished when he turned up and sat in the seat next to ours which is always up for grabs!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'd just moved to brighton, in 2000, and randomly from our local in Hanover met a friend of one of the regulars, happened to have same name as me.. not that much of a coincidence... anyway bunch of us not knowing each other piled back to mine after closing.. and got talking about free parties/dance scene in the midlands and the 90s.. a reclaim the streets party/protest event that happened in central Birmingham around 1996 popped up and the guy with same name as me said he was there.

Popped home he did to get his photos, brought them back and myself/my mates were in several of them dancing away on the streets of brum on a Saturday afternoon some years before!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Popped home he did to get his photos, brought them back and myself/my mates were in several of them dancing away on the streets of brum on a Saturday afternoon some years before!

Did you have a baby reindeer experience too? ur..........I mean as in the Netflix special.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have 5 siblings, I am the oldest (eldest?), three sisters, two brothers and me.
My oldest sister, my youngest sister and my oldest brother all have the same birthday - there is no "special day" 9 months before this (as my father was often asked).
My grandfather, my mother and myself all share the same birthday. I also briefly had a girlfriend with the same birthday.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Me and my youngest sister have the same birthday. 16 years apart.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I was once chased through Rhyl by a gentleman of Carribean extraction who I assumed was after my wonderfully charismatic groundhopper bag.

He was actually one of my customers on holiday with his mates. His buddies did not believe that he knew me and bet him £10 to prove it. I got away being a lot fitter than I am now.

It wasn't until the next week when he came up to my desk at work with. 'Hey mate were you in Rhyl last week' that the penny dropped.

Embarrased.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
My two eldest sons were born 2 years apart, but on the same calendar day, at the same time, of the same weight and in the same hospital room (in the County were there are multiple rooms)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here