Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Coincidences

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I recently met someone through work called Abi, in the no mark Wiltshire town where we both live.

My late godmother Kate lived in north London.

Kate had two godchildren. I found out today that Abi was her other godchild.

Any north stand chatters care to share any coincidences?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This was a very interesting listen

IMG_3261.jpeg

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
We have a slightly weird one in my family.

My mum lost her left front tooth when she was 8 years old. Smashed drinking out of one of the old school metal drinking fountains at school. Someone ran past and bumped her by accident. Smash.

My brother lost his left front tooth aged 8 Messing about at school. Knee in the face in a game of bundle.

I lost my left front front tooth aged 8. Pretended to throw the ball when playing French cricket and someone smashed me in the face with the squash racket we were using as a bat.

My sister lost her left front tooth aged 8. I tripped her up walking down a steep hill to the bus stop. She had her hands in her pockets and face met road. Lots of blood.

So all four of us lost the same tooth, same age in freak accidents.

None of us have lost any other teeth at any other age.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Two music related, the second one more freaky that the first.

I bought a single which had a road sign on the cover. As I took it out the bag (in the car I was a passenger in) we were stopped at the very place the picture was taken.

I went to a Brighton away game (can't remember where) and before the days of smart phones I borrowed my other half's mp3 player (remember them!) and dropped off. As I woke up, Pulp's common people was playing...

.. and Jarvis Cocker was sitting opposite me at the table.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I worked with two women in a team, where they told me their coincidence that one of their fathers had performed heart surgery on the others father.

It was only after speaking to my dad that I found out the same heart surgeon had performed the operation on him.

We worked in a video music library.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am very sorry to learn this GT, and wish you both all the very best with your tough challenges.
Thank you. I was told if I got through ten years I'd be alright. So far, I'm just coming up to 37 years! No hearing in one ear except the sound of the cistern refilling, but still alive. Daughter has had life changing surgery, but is now deemed in the clear.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

My mum lost her left front tooth when she was 8 years old. Smashed drinking out of one of the old school metal drinking fountains at school. Someone ran past and bumped her by accident. Smash.

My brother lost his left front tooth aged 8 Messing about at school. Knee in the face in a game of bundle.

I lost my left front front tooth aged 8. Pretended to throw the ball when playing French cricket and someone smashed me in the face with the squash racket we were using as a bat.

My sister lost her left front tooth aged 8. I tripped her up walking down a steep hill to the bus stop. She had her hands in her pockets and face met road. Lots of blood.

I had 4 teeth removed by an orthodonist when I was 13. Then those metal bands inserted into my mouth with rubber bands attached to make the teeth move within my mouth.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Back in the day, my GF at the time left a message on my answerphone to say she was dumping me because I was no good in the 'trouser department'.

Coincidentally, a day later I was sacked from my job at Hanningtons in the trouser department.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thank you. I was told if I got through ten years I'd be alright. So far, I'm just coming up to 37 years! No hearing in one ear except the sound of the cistern refilling, but still alive. Daughter has had life changing surgery, but is now deemed in the clear.
Good to hear, old fruit. Life is......weird. Fact.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Back in the day, my GF at the time left a message on my answerphone to say she was dumping me because I was no good in the 'trouser department'.

Coincidentally, a day later I was sacked from my job at Hanningtons in the trouser department.

Trouser Department is what my company used to call the guy who trained new drivers at a trucking company because these new drivers always tried to fly by the seats of their pants.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I have a lot of this. A LOT. I’m not saying there is anything supernatural involved, but similarly subliminal messaging has been largely debunked as myth, with no credible results. Coincidence is the only answer

Just yesterday, I was thinking about someone I hadn’t spoken to for almost a year. Guess who spots me in the post office for a chat a few hours later…

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
My parents got a taxi ride after a Springsteen gig in the 90s into like the centre of Indianapolis or somewhere random.
Another couple jumped in and asked if they could share the cab.
Turns out the fella was my dad's old Uni house mate from Roehampton uni 25 years previously.

Also I bumped into a guy i worked with at an American summer camp 15 years later in a tiny restaurant in Panglao, a small island in the middle of the Philippines.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Sounds like a bad case of tootheight.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Many, many years ago I spent a year working as an MP's researcher as part of my degree course. It was a placement kind of deal, so most of the arrangement was done by the university rather than by me. I only vaguely knew of the MP I'd end up working for.

Her husband was her office manager, an arrangement that's frowned on now but was pretty standard back then. After working there a couple of weeks and piecing together things, I figured out that his late aunt was a very good friend of my mum's. She kind of took my mum under her wing when she moved to the UK in the late 60s, and used to babysit me and my brothers in the early 80s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here