aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
In order of preference :

Coke from a glass bottle

Coke from a can

and finally Coke from a plastic bottle.

Worrying that it tastes so different from each type ! ???

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I think it tastes much etter from a can. BUT.

when you open a can you have to coninue drinking it and you cant close it and put it in your bag for later. with a bottle you can. i tend to buy botttles rather than cans but then thats just me.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Is it Coca Cola who have produced that 'tap water' and are flogging it in blue bottles? I bought one of those yesterday, originally they were supposed to be retailing for 95p, I was asked for 50p, and when I objected the newsagent let me have one for 25p. I guess that hasn't really worked then, commercially.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Off the island of Espiritu Santo (part of Vanuatu in the south Pacific) is a dive site known as Million Dollar Point.

At the end of WW2 the Yanks didn't want to ship back all their supplies and stores, so they basically drove jeeps and trucks off the point, and scuttled old landing craft etc there. All were packed full of supplies – reputedly the 'million dollars' worth.

One of the main things that hasn't been dissolved or washed away is glass coke bottles. Thousands and thousands of 1940s-era coke bottles litter the sea bed. The beach is partly pebbles, and partly wierd deposits made out of millions of fragments of glass coke bottles that have been smoothed into pebbles and fused together by storms. It's both beautiful, and sad, because it shows how we happily ruin our environment.

Any time anyone mentions coke bottles to me, I'm always reminded of diving here, of floating over 10,000 old coke bottles as the sunlight played on them. It's a really vivid memory, so for that reason I'm voting bottles, though it has nothing to do with taste.

Strange post over...

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
don't touch the stuff, it stinks of death

home-tagline.gif

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Coke from a glass bottle is glory personified

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminium foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminium foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

>FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Jason Speaks said:
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminium foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminium foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

>FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Actually there's a show on over here called "Mythbusters" and they tested some of the supposed "101 uses for Coke" on their show. It did quite well on the cleaning up blood count and cleaning a chrome bumper. It was no better than water on battery terminals, it doesn't remove grease from an engine or from clothing and it didn't seem to help a rusted bolt at all. After two days soaking in Coke the steak was only very slighly eaten away (pure phosphoric acid did a little better - but there where still large chunks left).

To the original question, I think the reason you might find Coke for a can better is because it tends to get cooler in a can than in a bottle. Aluminum cans have a much lower heat capacity and cool much faster than plastic (or even glass) bottles.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bollogs to Coke, Pepsi is better by a country mile, and if you can't get that the cheapo supermarket's own brand stuff is even better - the Sainsbury's one is the dogs.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Coke in a glass bottle with 2 straws brings back memories of my Dad taking me to the pub for the customary pre-match drink. Life was so simple back then :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here