Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coaches

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Now that Paul has left the club - have we got any coaches at the club that hold their badges - I was under the impression that the only one's that had their badges were Dean Wilkins Ian Chapman and Paul Crichton

Good Luck to Paul - You will be missed

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
when did Paul leave?

Today - he is now goalkeeping coach at Norwich.

In answr to the original question, I don't know the answer. However the club have a good recent record of finding decent goalkeeping coaches, so I hope we geta decent replacement.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Presumably Micky has his badges otherwise he wouldn't have been able to have managed Leicester in the premiership - without special dispensation. Other than that...Hinsh?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
booker has some does he not?

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Now that Paul has left the club - have we got any coaches at the club that hold their badges - I was under the impression that the only one's that had their badges were Dean Wilkins Ian Chapman and Paul Crichton

Good Luck to Paul - You will be missed

I believe Bob Booker has UEFA-level coaching badges.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
If Micky has got them why was he keen to keep Dean - that's not saying he hasn't i was under the impression he hadn't

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
From an interview with Micky Adams in 2003
When Saturday Comes - The Half Decent Football Magazine - Micky Adams interview

Managers at top level are now required to qualify for a Pro Licence by UEFA. Do you feel that managers should have coaching qualifications?

Well, I’ve done all my badges. I’ve refused to do the Pro Licence at the minute, but that’s a matter of finding time. I think all these qualifications are good for your managerial education, and the people that never go on them and moan about them are missing out on a part of their footballing education that can only make you better. I don’t understand why people don’t want to go on them. It’s an accepted part of being a modern football manager.

Actually it's quite interesing reading in hindsight

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If Micky has got them why was he keen to keep Dean - that's not saying he hasn't i was under the impression he hadn't

I doubt he was that keen on keeping him. It was fairly clear that Wilkins wasn't going to take that job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here