Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

coaches/mini bus hire prices

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
now and again a see coaches being advertised for long haul trips on nsc,and am staggered at the price of a full coach to say reading<25 quid a pop,etc etc.
How can crawley just charge 15 quid to bradford????are the people arranging these trips making shit loads at the expense of fellow bha fans????

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
now and again a see coaches being advertised for long haul trips on nsc,and am staggered at the price of a full coach to say reading<25 quid a pop,etc etc.
How can crawley just charge 15 quid to bradford????are the people arranging these trips making shit loads at the expense of fellow bha fans????

Maybe they are hiring the shittest coach possible to get the low prices.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Ring up a few coach firms for a price, divide that by the number of seats, and you can find out for yourself.

I think the £28 the chap mentioned yesterday is quite reasonable.

TB

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Last year when I organised an office trip to the dogs it was £270 for a 24 seater basic coach so in effect £11 a head for a 75 miles or so round trip of about 6 hours drivers time.

Therefore in my eyes £37 a head for a 12 hour drive (allowing for various pickups and drop offs) + waiting time covering 600 miles is pretty good value.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
In answer to your question, the answer is a resounding no... If the organiser manages to fill a coach then they will make a profit although in my case at £28 per person, the effort put in and the stress in trying to fill the coach will not make me want to do this on a regular basis!

A deposit has to be paid out and if no's don't tally or the game is called off the organiser will lose out financially!

I work in the game and have an understanding of how this all works!

£28 to get to Liverpool and back without hassle of driving, changing trains or getting to and from stations is very reasonable IMO! Proved by the fact that I have almost filled a coach in less than 24 hours!

If Crawley are offering those kind of deals then in all probability the club are subsidising this as Pompey did when they were in the Prem.

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

need around 44 at £30 to break even! If you get 40 who makes up the £120???

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
ScreenShot097.jpg

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
It can vary so much, the following is an example;

Company A - 57-seater = £1,100-
Company B - 53-seater = £1,320.00 ie this piss-taker has prob added a couple of hundred quid due to likely demand!!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It can vary so much, the following is an example;

Company A - 57-seater = £1,100-
Company B - 53-seater = £1,320.00 ie this piss-taker has prob added a couple of hundred quid due to likely demand!!

These prices are similar to some quotes given out when we went to the play off final in 2004...How much were some companies trying to make then being that fuel was at least half what it is now??

I think my company did that for £850 at that time so profits have deffo fallen now due to fuel price increases!

Some firms will try to take liberties with the pricing for this game... It won't work because on this occasion supply won't outweigh demand IMHO!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure but you might find depending on your start and finish times you may be quoted for two drivers as they are only allowed to drive for a set number of hours in a day.

Unless you already have people who have definitely confirmed they will go, you need to cover yourself for not filling the coach. Seem to remember Liz Costa telling me, back in the gory years of small away followings, that the supporters club used to base their charges on 35 people per coach - if they sold more seats the money went into the funds so on some away games if they sold less than 35 they could still run the coach (within reason).

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Not sure but you might find depending on your start and finish times you may be quoted for two drivers as they are only allowed to drive for a set number of hours in a day.

Unless you already have people who have definitely confirmed they will go, you need to cover yourself for not filling the coach. Seem to remember Liz Costa telling me, back in the gory years of small away followings, that the supporters club used to base their charges on 35 people per coach - if they sold more seats the money went into the funds so on some away games if they sold less than 35 they could still run the coach (within reason).

You are correct in the fact that any coach going from Brighton area will 100% need two drivers to get to Liverpool and back...

Maximum working day = 15 hours
Maximum driving day = 10 hours

Most coach companies set a price based on 30 people actually booking for holidays and day excursions... If more book than it is considered to be a success and then usually offer that trip on a more regular basis because it obviously works!

For people like Liz Costa and the Blues away coaches they will make profits on popular Saturdays and a lose on long distance midweek games therefore not making fortunes over the course of a season!

The things that have to be done and the time and effort put in setting this up is stressful and very time consuming and certainly will not be worth the financial gain that this brings! Probably not much more than a free seat and the cost of their ticket

I am offering a trip to Liverpool as a one off big away day cheaply...Yes if the coach is completely full I will make enough to pay for my day including a ticket, if I can get one, but I will have to drive the coach and put up with all the above hassle and stress that goes with it!

I have been in the industry for over 20 years and can promise that it's not as straight forward as some may think to organise coach travel!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here