Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS - let's be honest people...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bearing in mind the fact that only Doncaster created fewer goalscoring chances in The Championship last season, how can you castigate him for failing to put away the chances that we failed so abysmally to create for him?

Aren't forwards responsible for most 'goalscoring chances'?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Aren't forwards responsible for most 'goalscoring chances'?

Yes but at times last season away from home the formation was

Gk

9 defenders

1 CMS

Hence the lowest shots on target away from home in something like the last 10 years

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Though I'd stick this on this thread due to it's relevance rather than start a new one, my Albion blog for Shoot this week is with regards to CMS and whether we should let him move on this summer, Give it a read and let me know what you think of it:

Mac will come good - Latest News - Shoot

Also, anyone on twitter, please follow myself and Shoot (@shootmagazine) on twitter, as I'll be writing an Albion blog each Thursday/Friday next season.

Good write up..

My personal view? I wish we'd play 4-3-3 with Noone/Lua Lua up on the left and Buckley up on the right. Get them in behind the defence and putting low hard balls across goal. While it is true that CMS likes to play on the last man, he is also an excellent poacher. So often last season the balls played into the box were in the air - which was so frustrating!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here