Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS - let's be honest people...

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
7 or 9 ? Try 10 in 43 apps. But that was a Peterborough side that leaked goals, so difficult to play well if always on the back foot.

Apologies,10 goals then for a side who are set up perfectly for him,again,this league is to much for him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apologies,10 goals then for a side who are set up perfectly for him,again,this league is to much for him.

Professionals in the game, at Leicester, West Ham, Leeds and Brighton all deem him Championship quality, you do not. I know who I am backing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, against MAIDSTONE UNITED.

Strikers need goals. Fans need strikers to score goals. He did. So shut up.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think we all need to give CMS another season to prove himself. The service he got last season
wasn't the best - so I will be reserving judgement.

On this subject, I would say......Maybe or Maybe Not!

Clearly, CMS has scored far fewer goals than we all hoped, but also has not had the service. If there is blame, then Gus should get it. Our managers biggest weakness in my opinion, is failing to put out an attacking team, buying good strikers (we have had far too many to remember them all). I had hoped that Gus would have rebuilt the team from the front not the back this season. Without that coveted centre forward we will struggle this year. No Voakes & we didn't score that many last year. So where will the goals come from?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Not sure what to make of this thread tbh?

Will the doubters get behind him if he starts scoring for fun?

Will his supporters turn their backs on him if he fails to find the net in our opening few games?

My view of him is, he works hard for the team, he knows how to score given the correct service and he wants to succeed under Gus's guidance.. I believe in him enough to turn thongs around as long as we play to his strengths.

I also think that knocking our players before a ball has been kicked in earnest is ridiculous... Getting behind the players and supporting the team will be far more helpful than starting petty pre season threads about them!

I think most honest people worked that out last season. Two seasons of championship football scoring 10 in each. Nice bloke, runs about a lot but championship keepers, apart from Brezovan and Ankergren, are better than those in Division one. On the other hand he could be a late developer.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
With the "service" CMS got last season, Messi would have struggled to get into double figures.

This.

If we are to go up next season, then we need to do things better than last season. Service to strikers is one of them. I'm convinced if we learn how to counter attack away from home, CMS will absolutely destroy the league.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This will probably be this season Barnes is crap thread. Very poor bit of attention fishing from the op though and very dull too.

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
when we were down to 9 men against burnley we started hitting it long, i saw him pluck 5-6 balls out of the sky and get them on target... nothing wrong with his first touch, i'm happy to give him a chance this season :)

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Good job there was no NSC when we signed Teddy Maybank!

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
when we were down to 9 men against burnley we started hitting it long, i saw him pluck 5-6 balls out of the sky and get them on target... nothing wrong with his first touch, i'm happy to give him a chance this season :)

If you saw all that then you must of also have seen him miss an open goal in the last minute of the same game.
Only in England would people praise a player for running around lots. Can anyone on here name a top level player whose main attribute is running around a lot?
Please can people stop perpetuating the myth that he didn't get any service.When he did get chances he failed to take them anyway. I'd love him to be a success, but so far he hasn't justified the transfer fee we payed for him. I hope Hoskins stays because despite seeing very little of him he appears to have better touch and more intelligent movement.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bearing in mind the fact that only Doncaster created fewer goalscoring chances in The Championship last season, how can you castigate him for failing to put away the chances that we failed so abysmally to create for him?

Although to an extent that is correct, let's not gloss over the gilt edged chances that he missed as well, although he was not the only guilty one. Behind him all the way, but must improve for us this season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
One game into pre-season? Sorry, didn't he score?

It seems strange to have a pop at a striker who scored yesterday. What's the point of that? Get behind the player. With better service he could easily score 20 goals in the Championship.

He was credited with the goal, but he knew nothing about it! :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here