Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS - let's be honest people...

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
OK This is gonna cause some reaction...

"I'm afraid that CMS is not good enough"

He may have cost a lot of cash but the facts are that we paid over the odds for a striker who is not QUITE what is required at this level. Sadly, as we have all seen, it's not a lack of effort on his part, so we need to move on.

In my opinion he is not QUITE quick enough. His movement and anticipation is not QUITE sophisticated enough. His first touch is not QUITE good enough and his finishing is not QUITE as sharp as we need.

He's a tremendous character and gives 100% but PLEASE stop idolising him.

We NEED another goal scorer to move to the next level. CMS is not the one.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I will be honest.

I disagree

I trust that you will enjoy your upcoming love-in with messrs MNuts and Tberry et al but not for me thank you :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll reserve judgement as he deserves another season at this level to prove himself.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. zz

Never seen you post before. But that is absolutely spot on. :thumbsup:

But on the plus side, Ashley Barnes must be enjoying not having to pull so many knieves out of his back all the time. Brighton supporters, amazing.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's had one season to settle in to a new division, new team and a new style of play.

If he hasn't figured it out by January it's time to get rid.

But, another thread like this when there's been hundreds of others before it on exactly the same theme = dull. If you're going looking for a reaction, at least try it with something new.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In my opinion he is not QUITE quick enough. His movement and anticipation is not QUITE sophisticated enough. His first touch is not QUITE good enough and his finishing is not QUITE as sharp as we need.

I'd say the opposite. CMS is so busy running about like a blue-arsed fly that no bugger can be arsed to look up and scan the horizon for him. Oh look, there's Ashley Barnes, hovering just by the penalty spot, I'll pass to him instead...

:goal:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think this season is make and break. We have got a player, who in his late 20s, we want to adapt his game to fit into how we play. I think CMS started very brightly, but tailed off, as did the team. I think with this pre-season, maybe a bit more quality and understanding with Vicente, we'll get 15-20 goals out of him. The talent is there, but I do not think we have quite used him properly.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'll reserve judgement as he deserves another season at this level to prove himself.

I concur. If at the end of this season coming, he has performed in the same way with limited success then i think the time will have come to move on. I am a big fan of the bloke and am desperate for him to succeed.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
But, another thread like this when there's been hundreds of others before it on exactly the same theme = dull. If you're going looking for a reaction, at least try it with something new.

Be nice mate, he's not quite good your experience and nous just yet. Even in person you're a classic wind up merchant. :lolol:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I'm not even going to comment. Or did I just?.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Bearing in mind the fact that only Doncaster created fewer goalscoring chances in The Championship last season, how can you castigate him for failing to put away the chances that we failed so abysmally to create for him?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Final ball, final ball, final ball, how many more times?.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Bearing in mind the fact that only Doncaster created fewer goalscoring chances in The Championship last season, how can you castigate him for failing to put away the chances that we failed so abysmally to create for him?

Spot on Binney

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Just in case anyone missed this first time.

Or second time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here