Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CM's Absurd Albion Dilemma Question

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If it was guaranteed that the Albion would become a regular top six Premiership side as of next season and for the rest of your life, appearing regularly in the latter stages of the Champions League and winning a few finals along the way... but the trade off was that you would lose four inches off of your current height (just go with it!) would you accept the deal?

:)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
No need for the deal... We will be up there next season anyway!

(waits for the backlash of being an arrogant pig):)

If it was guaranteed that the Albion would become a regular top six Premiership side as of next season and for the rest of your life, appearing regularly in the latter stages of the Champions League and winning a few finals along the way...
I'd HATE that. The joy of being a long-term football supporter is the uncertainty of it all. However well a team is put together, something will go wrong. There is huge pleasure to be had in watching how 'my' club responds to adversity. I really don't see the point in getting all tensed up about a team that is guaranteed to succeed.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
5ft10 down to 5ft6, I don't think so, it could make me a contender for aggressive short man syndrome

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If it was guaranteed that the Albion would become a regular top six Premiership side
... but the trade off was that you would lose four inches off of your current height (just go with it!) would you accept the deal?
Have you taken a blow to the head? I'd like to know what a psycologist would make of your imagination. If you crave supporting a top six club, wouldn't it be easier to go support Chelsea?

Anyway, to answer your question, no.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I wouldn't. I'm 5'11'' and can't afford to lose height!

Personally, although I would love the Albion to be in the Prem, it becomes such a boring existence. Finishing anywhere between 7th and 20th where 17th is a success does make it somewhat boring.

I'm sure West Ham fans will enjoy this season FAR more than last because they'll be winning games after years of mediocre averageness, then the joy of being back in the Prem will reignite their excitement if or when they go up again.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'd HATE that. The joy of being a long-term football supporter is the uncertainty of it all. However well a team is put together, something will go wrong. There is huge pleasure to be had in watching how 'my' club responds to adversity. I really don't see the point in getting all tensed up about a team that is guaranteed to succeed.

What he said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here