Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clear Out Time - Cheerio To The Club's 'Faithful Servants'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OK -we're now being embarassed on a weekly basis by teams towards the bottom of this pathetically weak division - which we should be pissing all over.

I reckon the rot set in when we dispensed with Rougier. That lad had EVERYTHING we needed from a cult hero. Goals! Comedy! Enthusiasm! Love and Respect for/from the fans! Who cares if he only meant half of what he did - he made things HAPPEN. The fat/inept/ bottle jobs (Mayo/Watto/Jones) have outlived their usefulness. Get rid. This ain't the civil service, no brownie points for ten years uninspired service.

Give us back the PASSION. As Danny C. would say 'Lets Have A Winnah!' Or at least let's have somebody who WANTS it. Cos there's too many out there in the Stripes who don't want it bad enough. :wave:

Last edited:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Tom Hark said:
Give us back the PASSION. As Danny C. would say 'Lets Have A Winnah!':

I hope you're not knocking the way Mr Cullip speaks... s'propa English, innit. ;)

Your point is right though. Just because players have performed in the past, doesn't mean that they should be entitled to a starting place. Pressure from reserves/fringe players is key. For us, Goater has hardly performed since realising that his place in the front 2 is safe. There isn't any pressure.

Ingemarsson, on the other hand, has loads to prove as he's one of 4 fighting for a place in the back 2, so is playing out of his skin so far.

Complacency is key to overcome. I'm sure that out of all things, McGhee can resolve that.

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
Mayo yes Watson yes!
What the ferk are you on at Jonesy for though?He's our main playmaker,he runs everywhere and he set up todays first goal what more do you want?There may be dead wood but Jonesy is not it!???

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Jones has been shite, Mayo has been awful... but sadly when i say Mayo Tuesday night coming out the event, he said he thought he'd been playing well... ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They're talking about the exact same clearout thang on SCR even as we speak

Leon McKenzie would be a start. Closely followed by Sir Anthony Rougier. If we do nothing, we'll get nothing.

Last edited:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Mind you Kez did the best pronounciation of Mark McGhee so i'll let him off! :lolol:

The situation we find ourselves in now is similar to the Man-utd team of the early seventies. They continued too long with players from the Championship/European cup winners side, without rebuilding, living on past glories. History shows it proved disasterous.

The time for rebuilding the side has come. The likes of Hart, Jones, Watson, Carpenter and Mayo are coming to the end of their shelf life. They really look stale at present. They've been great servants to the club, but if the Albion are to progress, there cannot be any room for sentimentality. McGee is astute enough to suss this fairly quick.

Just one problem. Out of blind loyalty, DK dished out long contracts to many of the above last year, so we could well be stuck with them as we've no money to pay their contracts up.

Oh well... :rolleyes:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Dunkstar said:
Mayo yes Watson yes!
What the ferk are you on at Jonesy for though?He's our main playmaker,he runs everywhere and he set up todays first goal what more do you want?There may be dead wood but Jonesy is not it!???
dunkstar , you are completely right (in fact couldn't put it better myself!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Leon McKenzie turned down an approach to play for Wigan today ( Barry Fry mentioned this on Radio Yokel after the game), so I do not think he would be interested in signing for the Albion

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
problem with midfield is oatway and rodger out. pethick is poor there. others will come good once somebody better is playing next to carpenter. never rated mayo but thought he was one of our better players today, along with mcphee and knight. time to go though kerry. watson also time to go, very poor today. but match fitness needed there. mcghee will sort it. come on the lads.:glare:

Stumpy Tim

I think it's time the youngsters were given a chance. Hinshlewood has had rave reviews all season, Hammond is Orient's best player (no great competition I suppose), and there's also Harding, Robinson, Beck, Marney etc. I'm not saying all these youngsters should start right now, but they need to be in a position where they're putting pressure on the old guard

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
also very true, the young uns have been doing well. but some of older heads need to be mixed up with em. make a good balance. f*** im stoned....:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :drink: :drink: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here