Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Classic Opening Scenes To A Film

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I'll start:

Italian Job (original). Anonymous driver peels around mountain road to the tune of Matt Monro's classy "On Days Like These"...and then...:cool:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Don't need to say much more

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
The last boy scout, saw it the other day, the opening scene sets the stage for the whole film.

It's the american football match in the rain where the star players has a gun concealed and then shoots himself in the head. Lasts about 10 mins but made me want to watch the rest of the film.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ooh, good thread. Two that spring to mind for me:

Cliffhanger - where Sly is desperately trying to save that bints life. I was genuinely SHOCKED when her glove slipped off and she plunged to her death, made my blood run cold that did. (Theres a superb spoof of this in Ace Ventura 2, when Jim Carrey plays out the same scene, but with a raccoon).

Blade - Wesley Snipes wipes out a nightclub full of vampires who were showering in blood. Its just cool, is all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Alien doesn't open with the creature bursting from his chest though. Thats about 45 minutes in.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
The last boy scout, saw it the other day, the opening scene sets the stage for the whole film.

It's the american football match in the rain where the star players has a gun concealed and then shoots himself in the head. Lasts about 10 mins but made me want to watch the rest of the film.

A classic film, with some classic lines!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"any of you f***ing pricks MOVE, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of you !"

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I'll start:

Italian Job (original). Anonymous driver peels around mountain road to the tune of Matt Monro's classy "On Days Like These"...and then...:cool:

when i saw the thread title that was the film i immedialy thought of, great opening and great film

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which ever Bond was on, on Saturday (bad fan - work).
Moore skiing now looks horribly dated but when he goes over the edge of the cliff, in silence, then the union jack shoot opens to the Bond theme. Pure class.

I always cheer, it makes me proud to be English.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
How about the opening to Once Upon A Time In The West.

Three grimy characters wait for a train in the heat, complete with chance appearance of fly buzzing about on the face of one of the men. Superbly tense, curious and atmospheric start to one of the greatest Spaghetti Westerns of them all.

(Did you know: Spag' Westerns are called Macaroni Westerns in Japan!)

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Which ever Bond was on, on Saturday (bad fan - work).
Moore skiing now looks horribly dated but when he goes over the edge of the cliff, in silence, then the union jack shoot opens to the Bond theme. Pure class.

I always cheer, it makes me proud to be English.

Good call :)....and I can't remember which one it is either! :nono:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The opening shot of Snake Eyes, which goes on for 10 minutes uninterrupted. The film itself isn't brilliant but the opening shot is technically fantastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here