Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Classic bands/artists you've seen

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Genesis (with Peter Gabriel) at Milton Keynes in 1982.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Bowie-Aladdin Sane tour Dome 1973
Led Zep - Earls Court
Supertramp Dome
Queen Brighton Centre
Focus - Dome
Golden Earring - Dome
The Stranglers Top Rank Suite

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
The Ramones Reading festival 1988
New Order Glastonbury 1987
Guns n Roses Donnington 1988
The Cure Glastonbury 1989

erm lots of others that I might think were classic but the polit bureau of NSC dont.

And vice versa.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Not that many but some pretty good ones,

John Mayall & the bluesbreakers - The Dome
David Bowie (Farewell Ziggy Stardust Tour) - The Dome
Deep Purple - The Dome
The Faces - Top Rank Suite
Roxy Music - The Dome
Guns'n Roses - Wembley Stadium

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The Clash, Sandinista tour 1981, Brussels. Came on stage in complete darkness to the Ennio Morricone theme "Paying Off Scores" carrying their guitars over their heads. Their opening track was "Police and Thieves" together with the opening band which was a girl group (can't remember who they were). Strummer said the girls were singing with them before dashing off to catch their plane back to England. My ears were ringing for at least 30 mins. after the concert finished, it was LOUD.
Saw Soft Machine at the Dome in the late 60's. My ears were ringing for two days!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Dylan, Who and Moody Blues at IOW in 69
Thin Lizzy, Soft Machine, Tom Petty, Nils Lofgren, Leonard Cohen at the Dome.
Queen, 10 cc, Wings, Stevie Wonder at Brighton Centre
Stones at Big Apple
Oasis at Sheffield arena

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I'm seeing Asia in December for the 5th time since 2006, and in my opinion they are better than they were in their prime.

This seems a good thread to point out that this year marks their 30th anniversary and the new Album, Triple X, is due for release on 29th June.

Who else, Robert Plant, Jethro Tull, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, ZZ Top, The Who, Tangerine Dream, Magnum (painfully loud at the Dominion Theatre which is tiny), Gary Moore, Keith Emerson and The Nice. OK some were quite recent but so what.

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
SIX OF THE BEST. What a great gig that was. Rained all day, if I recall correctly.

Also on the line up that day were a very young Talk Talk and a very old John Martyn.

Don't reacll JM being old -he was the best of the support acts -Talk Talk were dire - and got bottled as I recall - and The Blues Band opened -

and boy was there MUD everywhere. It rained incessantly all day at an open air arena (the MK bowl) for and open air gig of 70,000 or so IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not quite up there with some of these, but I did see The Jam on their final tour. Wasn't their last-ever gig in Brighton?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Allman Brothers Band at Knebworth in 1973 or 4
Genesis twice in the early 70's - firstly soon after the release of Foxtrot.
Van Morrison a number of times - best at Portsmouth Guildhall about 10 years ago with Georgie fame on Keyboards and doing an awesome version of Dylan's It's all over now, baby Blue.
Jools Holland a number of times
Doobie Brothers at the Oxford Poly in about 1973
Santana in Birmingham in 1973 or 4 - soon after Caravanserai was released - awesome
Elton John in the late 70's or early '80.s, the first half hour or so totally solo, then with just Ray Cooper (percussionist)
Elton john a couple of years ago at the St Mary's Stadium - Did some early stuff like Funeral for a Friend and (I think) Tiny dancer.
I did see ray harles in london not long before he died - a bit sad, but he was still Ray Charles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here