Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

City fan here

somervillain

Sep 21, 2008
Pardon the intrusion here from a City fan checking into see what Seagulls fans are saying about our upcoming Carling Cup tie.

Since there's been no shortage of media coverage of City in the past few months, you're probably aware of the club's up-and-down results. City have looked like world-beaters in 3-0 wins over West Ham and Sunderland and today's 6-0 destruction of Pompey, but were very poor in the opener at Aston Villa and didn't impress much last week in the loss to Chelsea.

Perhaps more interestingly for you lot, City have failed to impress in European play against EB/Streymur (Faroes), Midtjylland (Danes) and Omonia Nicosia (Cypriots). Just last Thursday, City fell behind 1-0 at Omonia before coming from behind to win 2-1.

With some fixture congestion, Mark Hughes very well may opt to make wholesale changes. Here's what the lineup very well could look like:

--------------Schmeichel------------
Logan----Ben-Haim----Glauber----Ball
-------Fernandes------Hamann--------
--Ethuhu-------------------Caicedo--
--------------Sturridge-------------
----------------Evans---------------

I understand you're frustrated with your club's recent performance, but with a total shakeup of the City Starting XI, things could end up rather interesting on Wednesday. Hopefully we'll be treated to an entertaining and injury-free match, either way.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
The first Man City fan, got any young starlets we can have on loan?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Enjoy your visit, and bring binoculars - asuming you're being seated in the usual away fans section, you'll need them. Also bear in mind that you'll not have a roof. :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why is Robinho or Jo playing ?

I want my money back.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
You need to put out your best 11 against us mate. Have you seen are front line - devastating. And as for the back four, as tight as a badgers arse. Think your players may well buckle under the pressure of The Theatre of Trees

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton

I reckon we'll paste you by a good few goals :jester:

3-1 to the Albion! :ascarf:

somervillain

Sep 21, 2008
The first Man City fan, got any young starlets we can have on loan?

Actually, maybe. Keep your eye on the side we send out there, and many of them could be up for loan deals if we bomb out of one of our cup competitions early and ease our fixture congestion. City's youth academy seems to be churning out quite a few. Among the youngsters who could be Colaship loanees: Shaleum Logan, Ben Mee, Vladimir Weiss, Felipe Caicedo, and maybe Ched Evans again. Danny Sturridge is obviously the guy pretty much any Colaship side would be drooling over, but City need him for depth at striker right now with Bojinov and Benjani both sidelined.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Cheers buddy. 'Colaship' please dont use that word again. Are you from the Manchester region?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With some fixture congestion, Mark Hughes very well may opt to make wholesale changes. Here's what the lineup very well could look like:

You wont need this many players.

somervillain

Sep 21, 2008
Cheers buddy. 'Colaship' please dont use that word again. Are you from the Manchester region?

Sorry, I realized after posting that I might offend some with that, so I apologize for that.

And my spelling of two words in that previous sentence should serve as a huge clue as to my location.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Shaleum Logan was on loan at Grimsby Town last season and impressed at League 2 level.

Harley S

Aug 31, 2008
Sorry, I realized after posting that I might offend some with that, so I apologize for that.

And my spelling of two words in that previous sentence should serve as a huge clue as to my location.

Hopefully you'll get 4 sent off - we may only lose by 4 then !!:yahoo:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I've never heard of any of those players, is that the best you can do?

somervillain

Sep 21, 2008
I've never heard of any of those players, is that the best you can do?

I'm pretty sure you've heard of Kasper Schmeichel (son of Peter, started for the First Team the first couple of months last season), Michael Ball (former England international), Tal Ben-Haim (Israeli international and former Bolton star was at Chelski last season), Didi Hamann (legendary German international and former Liverpool great), and Gelson Fernandes (starting midfielder for the Swiss in this summer's Euros). The Brazilian Glauber is likely to be the only member of our Samba Contingent playing for City on Wednesday.

All of the others have started for the first team at some point in the last few months.

You probably won't see the big names, because they all reported back from international duty last week just in time for Chelski on Sunday, a mid-week trip to Cyprus for the UEFA Cup, then today's match. If Hughes does send out a team similar to the one I predicted, it won't be out of a lack of respect for your club as it will be simply out of a fear of fatigue.

City's depth also is much improved this season. The team I listed probably would compete fairly well with the likes of Stoke and Hull City.

I should add, that in my predicted Starting XI, seven are capped internationally: Ben-Haim (Israel), Glauber (Brazil), Ball (England), Hamann (Germany), Fernandes (Switzerland), Caicedo (Ecuador), and Evans (Wales), while Schmeichel (Denmark U21) and Sturridge (England U19) are on track to earn full international caps down the road.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here