Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Bah Humbug

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
One thing I absolutely insist on at Christmas is a real tree - the bigger the better. Just put ours up today, a just over 7 footer, fairy nearly headbutting the ceiling.

What's your tree preference?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We've got a real one, just over 6 ft. Very nice it is as well. We got it from the lovely people outside the church on Palmeira Square.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
We have a lovely real 7 footer in the front room and an artificial tree in the family room. I always have to have a real tree, for me there is no substitute, the mrs likes her artificial tree and they are better than they used to be but still not as good as the real thing.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fake for me. I won't have them kill (chop down) a good tree just so I can have it in my front room for a few weeks. Used to have live ones - I had two, so I could plant them in the garden and only distturb them every two years; one died, and the other got too big for me to dig up and drag into the house, so now I have a fake one (and a lovely tree in my garden).
Wouldn't have a chopped off one, ever!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I prefer real, but as we're never home for Christmas we go with a fake one. Decorated by my Girlfriend's 3 year old twin nieces, re-decorated by myself.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fake for me. I won't have them kill (chop down) a good tree just so I can have it in my front room for a few weeks. Used to have live ones - I had two, so I could plant them in the garden and only distturb them every two years; one died, and the other got too big for me to dig up and drag into the house, so now I have a fake one (and a lovely tree in my garden).
Wouldn't have a chopped off one, ever!

If people weren't happy to kill (chop down) the good trees then they would never have been planted in the first place. Would you never have a bunch of flowers then? Do you really have nothing better to worry about than killing a tree that was planted for this very purpose?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Fake else the cat goes mental and won't stop attacking it
Same for us. We always used to have a real tree but the first year we had our cats they were climbing in it, crapping in the bucket of earth that it was stood in, etc. They never showed any interest at all in the artifical tree. May reconsider once the remainnig cat has popped her clogs though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here