Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Moyles vs Scott Mills

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It doesn't seem to matter where I live in Brighton, my radio is only capable of picking up Radio 1. So when my morning alarm goes off to tell me that sadly I need to be out of bed and readying myself for work it is usually Chris Moyles on wake up duty.

Now I don't believe all his own "I'm the saviour" hype but do appreciate the fact that his show has far less music than most other shows on radio 1 or similar commercial rivals (Southern, Juice etc.) and it isn't that I don't enjoy music, but I don't enjoy all the shit that makes it onto the radio these days so Moyles in the morning with the occasional laugh, song parody and general studio camaraderie does its job as far as I';m concerned, and I've gotten used to rising to the Chris Moyles Breakfast Show.

So when I am awoken by that f***ing clown Scott Mills who is about as funny as a Pancreatic Cancer patient on an emergency flight crashing into a childrens hospital my ire is arisen.

His show is a car crash. I HATE him, I HATE that Chappers accomplice he has and I HATE his crummy jokes. What the f*** is Barry-oki? Who is this Laura and why should I give a f*** about her? Why does he think his show is capable of filling in for the second most listened to radio show in Britain? It isn't. Not even close.

My week is RUINED now. I only wish my computer had an alarm function so I could choose an internet radio to wake up to.

GRRRR I am irritated

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Luckily given my proximity to London I have far more choice of listening and I think I'd rather hear Classic FM than that fat overrated pillock Moyles. Get a digital radio. Personally I prefer Alex Zane on XFM who is excellent.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Buy an alarm clock?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Luckily given my proximity to London I have far more choice of listening and I think I'd rather hear Classic FM than that fat overrated pillock Moyles. Get a digital radio. Personally I prefer Alex Zane on XFM who is excellent.

Seeing as I can barely pick up Radio 1 as it is and have no aerial socket in my room the chances of being able to pick up the already defunct DAB broadcasts are between slim and none.

As for an alarm clock, the point is that I like to be eased out of bed in the morning. When my alarm goes off it is generally a team of mildly amusing sorts chatting away in the background reminding me that I must get out of bed in the next 20 minutes or so. A ringing bell would just irritate me. I am not someone who can just "get up", I need to be gently awoken at a steady pace, knowing there is someone there with me to guide me through the whole daunting process.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I quite liked Scott Mills drivetime show until that muppet (Chappers) got brought on to it. But I usually only ever listen on Fridays when heading to football back home - Radio 1 doesn't usually lock for me except for about 3 miles of the drive to/from work through the mountains.

Can get Radio 2 all the way, though. Wogan, waaaaaaaah.

You could get a standalone internet radio - Morphy Richards have one - and not need to bother with the PC.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I f***ing HATE Chris Moyles. He plays about 4 songs an hour and the rest of the time he talks about which B list celebrity he was out with last night, stories about his cleaner, he has disappeared up his own fat backside. I have never known anyone to be so self obssed. Somebody needs to remind him that his target audience starts and finishes with students and no-one else gives a f*** about him.

Radio FIP in the morning for me :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Scott Mills is a complete cock. He was booked to appear at my Uni Graduation Ball. He couldn't be arsed to turn up on time and then all he did was play a couple of premixed CDs and said about 3 words.

Stumpy Tim

I f***ing HATE Chris Moyles. He plays about 4 songs an hour and the rest of the time he talks about which B list celebrity he was out with last night, stories about his cleaner, he has disappeared up his own fat backside. I have never known anyone to be so self obssed. Somebody needs to remind him that his target audience starts and finishes with students and no-one else gives a f*** about him.

This is the best description of Cris Moyles I have ever read.

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006

The Alex Zane show on XFM is quality! I used to listen Moyles requlary and he once began spitefully slagging off Alex Zane, I turned over to have a listen & never turned back! Moyles is a complete knobber!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I only tend to listen to music radio when I'm in the car which is only monday morning and Tuesday evening. I tend to listen to Radio 1 until I get close enough to pick up Xfm in london. I used to listen to Radio 5 but use the missus car at the mo.

I cannot stand Chris Moyles. He seems to think that shouting something unfunny makes it funny. It doesnt. It makes you a gobshite. I am a big fan of Scott Mills and 'Chappers' though. I tend to find their somewhat childish humour matches mine.

As for the best description of Moyles....**** is the best I have heard.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Alex Zane show on XFM is quality! I used to listen Moyles requlary and he once began spitefully slagging off Alex Zane, I turned over to have a listen & never turned back! Moyles is a complete knobber!

Ditto, I hate Moyles even more knowing he has slagged of Alex Zane.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I used to like both but to be honest, apart from the occasional listen to Jo Whiley (cos she generally plays better music than the rest) I listen to 5Live now.

I think the main issue I have with both show's is that they're just too scripted. Hearing all the pillocks in the background piping up with stuff they've been told to say but act like its off the cuff is just cringeworthy!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
As a fellow radio presenter, my choice is Scott Mills. I've met him before and he is a nice guy.

Don't really like Moyles, I just don't get his humour at that time of the morning.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
FIP radio every time for me. It is the absolute business.

I like FIP for it's excellent variety, other than that I am a Radio 2 man. For all it's faults it is entertaining for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here