Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chippy

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Apologies if posted earlier but cant find anything in particular . Im concerned about Chippy.. I for one have been an admirer of him, but of late he's performances have left alot to be desired. Whats wrong ? To me he dosent look 100% fit and seems to be trying too hard .. looking at his body language and his expressions he dosent seem to be enjoying his football. I for one hopes this picks up becuase on his day he can be great for us .

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
In the past when he hasn't played we have missed him, but right now he seems seriously out of sorts

Whether he is struggling to compete at this level now or maybe just a dip in form either way he needs to improve or make way for someone else

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think he was rushed back from injury in the QPR game when Oatway went off...he hasnt had time to fully recover.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
chippy needs someone decent alongside him to get the best out of him ala simon rodger. Last season Hammond was threatning to be a decent player and this helped us. This year Hammond has been frankly awful which I think has not helped Chippy

He didn't have a good game for us yesterday, and there is no doubt injuries have taken their toll. But I still think he has something left in his tank for us.

The Oatway-Chippy-Hammond midfield would have provided us with our most stable shape this season and it's a shame it hasn't happened since Selhurst Park due to cruel luck.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
brightonfan_86 said:
Chippy didn't have a great game yesterday, he is was slow. Gave the ball away alot of times, I think he was rushed back from his injury to quickly, so I want to see Reidy or Loft in the centre of the park on Saturday.

i dont think
Reid is our answer in the centre of midfield dont think he has that bite and the ability to find the telling pass

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
blockhseagull said:
But on current form neither has Chippy

i know thats what i was saying earlier in the meantime why not try Nicholas surely he deserves a go

I agree, Nicolas deserves a run in the team if he is now fit again. I take it Loft is not ready yet, anyone seen him play 90mins?

face in the crowd

Jan 20, 2006
I think part of the problem for Chippy is the way we are playing at the moment. With 2 centre backs at full back, the distribution is limited/poor from this area. Lynch keeps it simple and chips it down the line but El-Abd looks terrified when on the ball (especially when in a crossing position). El-Abd just looks to get rid of the ball ASAP and doesn't really look to get it back thus putting pressure on the midfield.

I also think the lack of pace and movement from the strikers does not help him either. Chippy has never been a player for sliding balls into the forwards feet. He is much better spraying passes out to the wings or down the channels for players to chase.

IMO if reid was at right back and Robinson or CKR was upfront we would see better performances from Carpenter.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
face in the crowd said:
I think part of the problem for Chippy is the way we are playing at the moment. With 2 centre backs at full back, the distribution is limited/poor from this area. Lynch keeps it simple and chips it down the line but El-Abd looks terrified when on the ball (especially when in a crossing position). El-Abd just looks to get rid of the ball ASAP and doesn't really look to get it back thus putting pressure on the midfield.

I also think the lack of pace and movement from the strikers does not help him either. Chippy has never been a player for sliding balls into the forwards feet. He is much better spraying passes out to the wings or down the channels for players to chase.

IMO if reid was at right back and Robinson or CKR was upfront we would see better performances from Carpenter.

Spot on..... Reid back at right back, Harty at right mid and two from CKR/Robinson/Gatting up front

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Reid and Nicolas. Why not? Both can pass and tackle, we might as well give them a go. I would have them in the middle with a target man and either CKR or Robinson up front.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Les Biehn said:
Reid and Nicolas. Why not? Both can pass and tackle, we might as well give them a go. I would have them in the middle with a target man and either CKR or Robinson up front.

Reid and Nicolas in CM seems quite radical thinking. However, they came to the club as central midfielders of decent repute. I think they deserve a go and, following his dip in form in the middle, i'd like to see Hammond as one of the wingers- where he was excellent last year.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
the right footed denilson said:
Reid and Nicolas in CM seems quite radical thinking. However, they came to the club as central midfielders of decent repute. I think they deserve a go and, following his dip in form in the middle, i'd like to see Hammond as one of the wingers- where he was excellent last year.

Both seem to have the most quality and potential (apart from Hammond) about them than all of our other CM's. If MM gave them a run whats to say they won't pull us out of trouble. If he's not gonna play with a target man then I would like to see 2 midfielders who are looking to supply the killer pass. Tactically they make sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here