Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chickaaan BREASTS - Inspire Me with Recipes

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I seem to have 8 chicken breasts in the freezer, but need ye good olde NSC to INSPIRE me with recipes as to what to do with them for dinner tonight.

Obviously being at my physical PEAK, I will not require all 8 tonight, so I guess I can choose two recipes which will cover din dins for the rest of the week

So what dishes are there out there, and what all sorted gubbins will I need to make a chickaaan feast? ??? :chef:

Trying to stay away from the usual Fajaitas, or Bacon, BBQ sauce and Cheese effort, or breading them

Fresh_Frozen_Chicken_Breast.jpg

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Or - Slice them in half - put soft Cheese with garlic or herbs in the middle, with some mushrooms, wrap them in bacon and bake them for 35-40 mins!!:thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
be a man, eat them raw

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Simply but tasty…..

Cut pockets into the defrosted breasts, stuff with mozzarella, sliced vine tomatoes and chopped fresh basil. Wrap the stuffed chicken breasts with bacon (not irish) Bake at 190 degrees Celsius for 25-30 mins. Rest for 5 minutes slices horizontally and serve on pasta with a simple Crème, garlic and white wine reduction.

Pwoper pucker….. well should be.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Wrap them in pancetta then cook them in the oven with a tomato and basil source with mushrooms and challotes. Serve with fresh pasta preferabley tagaleti

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Butterfly them (cut nearly in half and just open) so that they are thinner, then generously spread them with Red Pesto making sure the whole upper surface has a coating (one jar normally does four breast - even better is fresh red pesto if you make it yourself). Bung in the oven (180c in a fan oven) in a shallow oven proof dish uncovered for 25 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with new pots and salad in the Summer or steamed veg and mash in the Winter.

Variation - drop a bunch of small "on the vine" toms along side them in the dish, drizzle them with a little olive oil. Yummy.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
slice open and fill with strong cheese.
lightly dust the chicken with chinese 5 spice.

Wrap in foil and cook for 25mins.

Serve with anything you want but fried new potatoes and veg is good and easy

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
slice open and fill with strong cheese.
lightly dust the chicken with chinese 5 spice.

Wrap in foil and cook for 25mins.

Serve with anything you want but fried new potatoes and veg is good and easy

i'm struggling to think of any Chinese dish i've ever heard of that involves CHEESE but seein as i love cheese that much, i'll probably give it a go sometime

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So many things you can do, I like what LO is doing above.

Alternative is something like marinading in the zest of a lemon, lemon juice some thyme (dried or fresh) and a bit of chilli, possibly some garlic.

My very much preferred way of cooking them is starting them off in hot pan with olive oil and butter - then finishing off in the oven.

You probably want to check regularly they are down - because they dry up very easily.

Alternatively do a butterfly technique as described above and cook just in a pan.

If you are feeling creative....

Sandwich a breast between two sheets of cling film and batter out with whatever is lying around. Preferably a rolling pin, or a sauce pan/bottle of wine etc...

When you have something about half am centimeter thick, carefully remove the cling film and place flat chicken breast on a sheet of foil oiled with olive oil.

You can then cover with whatever you like, Cheese, Spinach, Tomatoes etc... possibly with some parmesan and nutmeg.

Then roll the thing up into a swiss roll type shape, pulling the chicken away from foil as you go. When you have said roll, wrap the foil around and twist and seal up the edges.

It will look like a christmas cracker....

Cook in the oven.

Looks fantastic on the plate when cut into slices.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
or Bacon, BBQ sauce and Cheese effort,

I decided to have an early dinner today, and what a glorious dinner it was.

2 GLORIOUS breasts of Chicken, wrapped in TWO Rashers of CRISPY Bacon ( Per Breast), Then ONE minute before its finished whack a load of cheese on it , so the CATHEDRAL CITY cheese melts in AND under the Rashers of Bacon and Inbetween the Chicken and the Bacon:drool:.Then i smothered them with BBQ Smokey Sauce.

I also wacked half a bag of potato wedges in the oven, with a bit of oil and salt, to crisp them up abit - also smothering these with BBQ Smokey Sauce.:drool::drool:.

I washed that down with a PINT of COKE...and filled myself up.

Daz.:thumbsup:

Your making a BIG mistake :laugh::jester:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Dice chicken breasts and fry
Melt jar of crunchy peanut butter in microwave then place in a saucepan over a very low heat
Stir in coconut milk to the peanut butter to form a sauce
Add soy sauce, mild curry powder and a small amount of Sambal Oelek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambal)
Pour sauce over chicken and serve with rice or noodles.

Scrum bloody diddly.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
mmmmmmm
this ones easy and nice
wrap the chicken breasts in a slice or cured bacon each and bake
do some daughinoise (sp) potatoes and whack in some sliced shallots and some peas
do a white sauce with some dijon mustard in.
cant go wrong
(well I did the other day by over cooking the meat though other than that cant go wrong)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
OK, you could try this:

Cut the breasts into thin strips, and slice an onion, then marinade in a mixture of Lime juice, crushed dried red chillis and a little oil, for a couple of hours at least.

In a pan fry off one finely chopped onion, adding in a finely chopped garlic clove and a a finely chopped fresh red chilli halfway through. When theopnion has gone opaque add in a tin of chopped tomatoes, some ground corriander and some ground cumin. Cook for 10 minutes or so, add some tomato puree and cook for a minute or two more.

Now, heat up your griddle pan, add a little ground nut oil or vegetable (not Olive oil, it will burn) till it is smoking, then add the chicken and onions and griddle till they have nice lines on them and they are just cooked 5-10 minutes (don't over do them), then add them into the tomato mixture and heat through.

Now, take some (tortilla) wraps, put in some of the chicken/tomato mixture, add sour cream, guacamole, jalapenos etc to taste, roll it up and you will have one of the finest fajitas you have ever tasted, and all home made.

BTW, to make sour cream, take normal cream/creme fraiche/plain yoghurt and squeeze in the juice of one lime and mix, no need to buy "oh so expensive" sour cream any more!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
poach breasts in chicken stock.

add creme fraiche, dijon mustard and chives to make a smooth sauce.

layer half boiled potatoes over the top in a oven-proof dish.

mix chesire cheese and breadbrumbs and layer over the top. Bake in over for 25 mins.

simple, gorgeous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here