Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chester City wound up

Latest news is that they've applied to join the Premier League of Wales!

Why would they want to do that? (Apart from the fact that three sides of the Diva Stadium are IN Wales). Surely the aim is to 'do a Wimbledon', and rise back up through the leagues like a PHEONIX from the ASHES.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Why would they want to do that? (Apart from the fact that three sides of the Diva Stadium are IN Wales). Surely the aim is to 'do a Wimbledon', and rise back up through the leagues like a PHEONIX from the ASHES.

I think that it was the old club who applied to join the LoW in a last desperate attempt to fend off oblivion. Quite what they hoped to achieve I don't know, as even fewer of their fans would want to watch them in the Welsh league than did in the English. There were also brief plans to merge with TNS and try to join the English league structure, but that didn't come to anything.

The new fan owned club will want to play in the English league, certainly.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think that it was the old club who applied to join the LoW in a last desperate attempt to fend off oblivion. Quite what they hoped to achieve I don't know, as even fewer of their fans would want to watch them in the Welsh league than did in the English. There were also brief plans to merge with TNS and try to join the English league structure, but that didn't come to anything.

The new fan owned club will want to play in the English league, certainly.

Random Shrewsbury fan!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
That is great news if it means that Eastbourne Borough have a better chance of staying up!

Maybe, though Chester were going to go down anyway. All results against Chester have been expunged. We benefitted quite well as we drew twice against them whereas others round us had won twice. Not sure what borough did.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Borough got 1 point back I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here