Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheltenham FA Cup

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Thank you for that, I am now able to go on Saturday...asked a Chelts fan at work about ticketing and he wasn't sure, just told me to go in the home end as he didn't think it would be full...see you all there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am sure someone will quickly explain this but why can they do pay on the gate but we can't?

Surely now our capacity is so much larger than the average gate, pay on the gate is a possibility?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Still no money taken from my account for the ticket, so may end up paying on the gate.

Anyone know about the walk to the ground? I can't really afford a taxi from the station.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Whaddon Road is about two miles from the station. Basically in a NNW position if you are facing north. Up Gloucester Road then right onto the High Street, then work your way up towards Whaddon Road.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Whaddon Road is about two miles from the station. Basically in a NNW position if you are facing north. Up Gloucester Road then right onto the High Street, then work your way up towards Whaddon Road.

An easy walk or not?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
memories of last season - not a chance. Get the bus or share a cab.

May have to get the bus, as I'm an exile travelling alone unfortunately unless I happen to bump in to some fans at the station:lolol:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
May have to get the bus, as I'm an exile travelling alone unfortunately unless I happen to bump in to some fans at the station:lolol:

Two days ago, I found the itinerary for last years match in my coat pocket. Unfortunately, I threw it in the bin outside Marks and Spencer. From memory, at the station, take buses C and D towards the town centre. It's walkable from the town centre, but I wouldn't want to walk it sober.

Also, I rang the Cheltenham ticket office a few days ago (incidentally, my call was answered in 3 seconds and I received fantastic customer service) and they said that the match is definitely pay on the gate and it includes student tickets only with a valid student card. The guy I spoke to said it didn't have to be NUS, as long as it was a valid student card.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Two days ago, I found the itinerary for last years match in my coat pocket. Unfortunately, I threw it in the bin outside Marks and Spencer. From memory, at the station, take buses C and D towards the town centre. It's walkable from the town centre, but I wouldn't want to walk it sober.

Also, I rang the Cheltenham ticket office a few days ago (incidentally, my call was answered in 3 seconds and I received fantastic customer service) and they said that the match is definitely pay on the gate and it includes student tickets only with a valid student card. The guy I spoke to said it didn't have to be NUS, as long as it was a valid student card.

Excellent stuff, thanks:thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Got my student ticket in the post today, £12:)

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England

Isn't it a NNW position no matter what way you are facing? :)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Bus D to town, it is then easily walkable from there and there are a few decent PUBS on route :thumbsup:

derek furlong

Mar 16, 2007
worthing
Mate of mine went in to the club shop to ask for 8 tickets for Chelt away,only to be told that since none of those had re-registered their AMS details,a further £80 was required for the privilege.
Me thinks club PR needs looking at,a bit closer.
Still,pay on the gate sounds good to me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Always assumed it was going to be, but thanks for the confirmation.

I shall be there for my first game of the season :fairweather:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am nearly as bad a fan Bozza, my only other game has been Crewe away on the first day...that seems like an awful long time ago.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I am sure someone will quickly explain this but why can they do pay on the gate but we can't?

Surely now our capacity is so much larger than the average gate, pay on the gate is a possibility?

not sure the exact details but its due to the planning restrictions at Withers, im guessing they dont want 10,000 fair weather fans to turn up to the Leeds/Forrest games etc and be turned away

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
Driving down tomorrow from Cov.

If anyone needs a lift from Midlands, send a PM by 5pm tonight.

Anyone know roughly how many going, what pubs people are going to?

Hoping to make it a double celebration tomorrow, so will be in Cheltenham early doors.

Decided to go to this game & not Leyton Orient as easier to get to for me. Need to save some money, what with Xmas coming up & MOT/service + TAX!! on car in New Year.

See ya all tomorrow, whoever's going.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Driving down tomorrow from Cov.

If anyone needs a lift from Midlands, send a PM by 5pm tonight.

Well Aberystwyth is the "Midlands" of Wales, would like a lift please:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here