Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea Tap Up

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Chelsea tapped up players - Bates
Leeds owner Ken Bates has reported his former club Chelsea to the Football Association, Premier League and Fifa over two alleged illegal approaches.
Bates says Chelsea signed two Elland Road youngsters after making illegal approaches for the players.

More soon.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I can just see Bates getting tapped up, double tapppe to the back of the head that is by a Russian hit man.

Last edited:

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
Bates loses his beloved club to a russian billionare. takes contol of a club he used to slag off when at Chelsea after trying a few others ( Sheff wed ).Then realises that they will not get into the premiership without the money to fund new signings
decides to try and get money from russian billionare !
nowing Bates i'm sure it is all legitimate and not sour grapes:glare: :glare: :blush:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bates made a £17 million profit on the sale of his Chelsea stake to Abramovich, so I can't see he's got any axe to grind.

This case is really important and I hope Bates has the balls to take Chelsea on. They've tried to poach 3 Leeds kids and they've got 2 of them.

One of these kids might be the next Aaron Lennon, i.e. up through Leeds youth ranks, into 1st XI, signed with Tottenham, plays for England.

I'd rather any decent young English players never go anywhere near Chelsea - SWP, Glen Johnson and Carlton Cole have proved what a bad career move it can be.

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
Swp to be fair has decided to stay and fight for his place though i do agree there is alot of talent in the Chelsea reserves. The other side of the coin is that it encourages players to fight harder for a place and come out better , Joe Cole for example . There is also Lampard , Terry who in my oppinion have come on leaps and bounds and become stronger players

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
This is fantastic news.....i hate Chelsea with an unhealthy passion and i'd walk to the end of the earth to rip wank Lumpalard's face off.

Suddenly, Ken 'master' Bates don't seem such a bad ol fella

:D

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
jevs said:
This is fantastic news.....i hate Chelsea with an unhealthy passion and i'd walk to the end of the earth to rip wank Lumpalard's face off.

Suddenly, Ken 'master' Bates don't seem such a bad ol fella

:D
nothing to do with the fact you lot used to slag him off from day one and he was only there because of his dad and uncle
then moves on and becomes an established England international ? bet he is onlt ther because his auntie makes the tea at half time !

Yoda

English & European
My message to Ken Bates:

Boo hoo hoo!

It happens in football. We had the same with Barry & Standing going to Aston Villa remember.

:salute:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pavilionaire said:
Bates made a £17 million profit on the sale of his Chelsea stake to Abramovich, so I can't see he's got any axe to grind.

This case is really important and I hope Bates has the balls to take Chelsea on. They've tried to poach 3 Leeds kids and they've got 2 of them.

One of these kids might be the next Aaron Lennon, i.e. up through Leeds youth ranks, into 1st XI, signed with Tottenham, plays for England.

I'd rather any decent young English players never go anywhere near Chelsea - SWP, Glen Johnson and Carlton Cole have proved what a bad career move it can be.

scott parker

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This has the feeling of Ken Bates trying to get his nose in front in the early season Most-Publicity-Hungry-Chairman-In-The- Championship Chase.

Like Leeds don't ever sniff other clubs' young players using the old "but we're Mighty Leeds" card.

Bates is just worried that Simon Jordan has had more press coverage than him lately, and is thus attempting to make up for lost time by claiming a few column inches before the Premiership season starts.

Let's be honest, if you're a promising 15 year old footballer, and you have the choice of a crumbling former big club with delusions of grandeur and an unshakeable (mistaken) belief that Man United still give a shit about you, or the current Premiership champions, with a Champions League winning manager and money to burn....Bates can whinge all he likes, but it doesn't take a genius to work out the more tempting offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here