Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea or Man City?

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
So, now that the season is over and decided, which club is going to sell more replica shirts? (outside of London and Manchester) I also predict one or two Man Utd shirts popping up in our charity shops' bargain bins :wink:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Chelsea will sell the most. It seems that a lot of plastics call Man City fans plastic without seeing the irony of it and I think that could put the plastic City fans off. And Chelsea have had more time at the top to build up more plastics. And on another note, I also saw a Chelsea flag in someone's front garden today that wasn't there last time I passed about a month ago.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Chelsea will sell the most. It seems that a lot of plastics call Man City fans plastic without seeing the irony of it and I think that could put the plastic City fans off. And Chelsea have had more time at the top to build up more plastics. And on another note, I also saw a Chelsea flag in someone's front garden today that wasn't there last time I passed about a month ago.

So are you saying that Chelsea season ticket holders are 'plastic' fans?

D

Deleted member 18477

:clap2:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Alot of City fans aren't plastic to be fair. When I met a load of them before and after their semi-final in London against United they were all Mancs. United fans on the other hand were not.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Despite strong links to Manchester City, Chelsea fans have signed a one year extension to remain at the club

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Both Chelsea and Man City have a very broad and very deep fanbase that stretches back into eternity. Doubt that either club will sell very many replica shirts to people who weren't already fans. Kids under ten with over-indulgent non-football-fan parents perhaps, but other than that, nada. Would expect both clubs to sell shedloads of commemorative shirts to the existing fanbase, as is right and proper. We'd do exactly the same.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
So are you saying that Chelsea season ticket holders are 'plastic' fans?

Well that that depends. The ones that are not from the area or have no real connection to the area. And I am not saying all Chelsea fans are plastic. Just a considerable amount are.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Both Chelsea and Man City have a very broad and very deep fanbase that stretches back into eternity. Doubt that either club will sell very many replica shirts to people who weren't already fans. Kids under ten with over-indulgent non-football-fan parents perhaps, but other than that, nada. Would expect both clubs to sell shedloads of commemorative shirts to the existing fanbase, as is right and proper. We'd do exactly the same.

Good post, doesn't show any hatred... more should look at this and think before they talk bollocks.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005

Totally agree with this, don't get me wrong, but my point is, now that Man City are in a good position to dominate for the next few years, and Chelsea now champions of Europe, how many "extra" fans who have "supported them all their lives" - will come crawling out of the woodwork? I used to work with a guy who insisted he had Leeds United pumping through his veins - until they got relegated, then all of a sudden, he was a lifelong Man United fan - I suspect his allegiance will soon change to Man City if it hasn't already. I don't get these people, they have to "support" the "team of the moment" to reflect their over inflated egos.... "I am a winner, therefore, I only support winners!" ... sad people!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
To be honest Citys top is quite nice , Chelseas looks very samey

WHAT!!?!!?!?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I love being a Brighton fan and have been for 40 years, some of you lot embarrass me however.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here