Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea fan warned... for celebrating

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think it's irrelevant who owns the property that's being vandalised.
My point was it seems a footballing mentality that it's ok to mistreat anything in a stadium in the name of "supporting your team"
Clearly you weren't at Forest last season when that happens in the 94 th minute you have no control over how you celebrate.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Clearly you weren't at Forest last season when that happens in the 94 th minute you have no control over how you celebrate.

How do you work that out?
I lost control of my senses for quite a while at that point, but I never considered that jumping on a seat was required. :shrug:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Perfectly legitimate letter. He may have broken the seat on more than one occasion from being an idiot. Sure cheer, jump around and celebrate but standing on a chair so lots of other supporters can look at you makes you a little needy. But maybe that's all he has got to live for in which case it could be an appropriate response.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Reading that letter hurt my brain ??? But anyways its pathetic, they could of got a steward to have a word during the game if it was really that bad. No wonder Mourinho was complaining about there being a sh!t atmosphere at Chelsea.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I pretty much always stand on my seat when we score, must have done it at least 3 times this season...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crikey I'm getting too old. I feel it's totally unacceptable to stand on seats and barriers if there's a chance they'll get broken. Regardless of a person or organisation's wealth why is it acceptable to create damage that they pick up the bill for? It's like stealing from a company, people seem to think that's fair but it's still someone's property and money. Anyway, Happy Christmas from a grumpy old man.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If i had just scored the winning FA Cup Final goal for the Albion i wouldnt give a toss if you smashed my back doors in let alone jumped up and down on my couch
I am guessing this would take place at Wembley rather that at your house.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't believe some of the comments on this thread. No wonder English atmospheres are dying :(

I always find the only unacceptable thing about standing on a seat for a few seconds is if you're not animated. You've got to be giving it proper large so any unfortunate opposition supporters who are stupid enough to glance over at their opposing fans when they've just scored will be able to see you clearly. The only crime is if you're not animated enough :thumbsup: It's also your job to make that opposing fan think 'what a smug **** standing on a seat giving it the biggen' - otherwise you've also failed :lol:

The seat standing biggen is much better than the 'we've not sold all our tickets so I'll run past a few empty rows of seats to give it the biggen to opposing fans' celebration - which is unfortunately a weekly occurrence in most grounds.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here