Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheap things this time flights

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
£1 one way with mytravel lite you have to pay tax's and booking fee but have just booked me and junior off to Barcelona for me BD for £53 return the two of us (that's 26.50 each return). (The booking fee is added to the price they tell you so bear that in mind)

Good thing is most of their flights are from their base airport which is Birmingham and that's just the other side of the city.

http://www.mytravellite.com/skylights/html/home2.htm

be warned theres a picture of a tit on the front page!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's still too expensive to go Barcelona. They'd have to pay me to go there - the biggest shitehole I've ever been to in my life.

I can't think of any circumstances that would make me return.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Good price, but I got return tickets for me, my partner and our spongebob for £84 return from Gatwick.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gwylan said:
That's still too expensive to go Barcelona. They'd have to pay me to go there - the biggest shitehole I've ever been to in my life.

I love Barcelona but I think stealing from foreigners is the most lucrative past time for some of the locals. I've lost count of the number of people I know who have had their possesions ripped off. Don't ever take a car with out of area plates,unless you can arrange secure garage parking, is the best advice that I can give to any of you thinking of driving there:(

Gwylan said:

Jeez, Gwylan. You're WRONG, WRONG, WRONG !!!

Too much time spent in Wales, I guess.

:lol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
£41 return to Edinburgh in January for a stag do...dont ask!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Gwylan said:

I can't believe this! It's a fantastic city, I had a great time there. I'd go back any time. You must have been very unlucky Gwylan, or maybe you went a long time ago before the port area was regenerated?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
i'm with hhs and lord b....barcelona is one of the world's most fantastic cities, it's beautiful and there's so much to do. i've been there 4 times and each has been as memorable as the others...you won't regret it marvin!

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
I'll make me own mind up about Baca when I've seen it.

Won't be in any sort of car you see I'm catching a plane, this being the general idea of cheap flights. (And I have to say flying from Birmingham to Barc for less than I can get a return ticket to London is a good deal as far as I am concerned.) and unaware non-locals can be robbed just about everywhere in the world. It happens in London, it happens in Birmingham, it happens in Brighton. There will always be chancers on the look out for easy pickings, you just have to make it harder for them.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
and while we're omn restaurant recommendations...7 portes near barcelonetta, end of ramblas turn left. old favourite of frederico garcia lorca and very very good

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
marvin said:
I'll make me own mind up about Baca when I've seen it.

Won't be in any sort of car you see I'm catching a plane, this being the general idea of cheap flights. (And I have to say flying from Birmingham to Barc for less than I can get a return ticket to London is a good deal as far as I am concerned.) and unaware non-locals can be robbed just about everywhere in the world. It happens in London, it happens in Birmingham, it happens in Brighton. There will always be chancers on the look out for easy pickings, you just have to make it harder for them.

Sorry I mentioned it Mr Sarcy:(

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Herne Hill Seagull said:
I can't believe this! It's a fantastic city, I had a great time there. I'd go back any time. You must have been very unlucky Gwylan, or maybe you went a long time ago before the port area was regenerated?

I was there in 1990 and have had never had such a miserable time on holiday. I booked for a week and buggered off after a few days.

The main problem was getting served in bars and restaurants. In bar after bar, I would go in and just be ignored for half an hour/ 45 minutes. It was plain that the majority of places just would not serve non-Catalans. I tend to rate holiday places by the friendliness of the locals and Barcelona is the only place I've been to where people have been openly hostile.

Not only was there a difficulty in eating and drinking, but the place just seem to be full of pikeys and junkies. I got fed up with the sight of people shooting up (particularly when a bloke at the table next to me at breakfast ODd and was surrounded by paramedics -that was the last straw for me).

I fled to France, had a great few days on the coast, and then spent some time in Girona (which is a lovely place) before getting my flight back.

The Gaudi architecture is fantastic, but once one's seen that, there was nothing to keep me there. Barcelona and Dubai are the only two places I've been to that I'd never visit again.

I might have been unlucky, but have spoken to several people since who have had the same experience and would never go again.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Rambo said:
Has anyone flown with Virgin - I will be flying on my honeymoon and wondered what they are like?

Good entertainment if you're on a long flight but depends on where you're flying to as to how good - basic system on Florida flights (choice of films and TV) as they have older planes but other destinations have more choice of films and TV and also games consoles.

Only drawback is that legroom can be a bit tight (31"). If flying on a jumbo, ring up and ask to book the first row of seats near the back that are next to the window but only two abreast (where the plane gets narrower). You get the extra space next to you where the third seat doesn't fit so you can swing your legs round (and you don't have some stranger sitting next to you).

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I've just booked 2 return flights to Barca in December for only £112 for the two.

Shame the Barcelona v Real Madrid tickets cost me £158 each !

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Get yerself along to the Nou Camp, where on the very top row of seating "BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION FC" is deeply engraved in large letters into the red plastic seating roughly level with the half-way line on the south side(I think). Oh the joys of a misspent youth.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Speaking of cheap flights... Newcastle to Bristol for 99p each way anyone? Add the tax and you get a return ticket for 22 quid or so. That's how I'm getting to the Plymouth game anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here