Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton "Sell out" to Chelsea

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
After saying he was not for sale at any price and they would not be "bullied" into selling him to Chelsea, it has been confirmed on the radio that Charlton and Chelsea are "in talks" over the sale of Scott Parker.

Well that was a REAL stand now wasn't it? :glare:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
To be fair to Charlton why force a player who blatantly doesn't want to be there to play for them, they're better off cashing in and having money to invest in their squad.

Parkers an idiot, he'll end up playing for Chelsea reserves rather than playing for Charlton in their bid for champions league football. what a pratt.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Spot on Tinx. If Parker stays at Charlton, he would be very close to making the squad for Euro 2004, what with Charlton's push for European football and the fact that he would be playing every week.

He's not going to get many games at Chelsea, making it difficult for Eriksson to pick him.

No doubt we'll see pictures in the press of Parker holding aloft a Chelsea scarf at the press conference and cooing on about it being his dream move etc. Imo Parker is a fool. If he becomes a bit part squad player at Chelsea, it will be a talent wasted. In terms of achievement this season, there's little to chose between Charlton and Chelsea. Both are in with a good chance of European football next season. Maybe Charlton have over achieved and Chelsea have the better long term prospects? Maybe Parker realises this? More likely, the pound signs have been spinning in Parkers eyes?!

In reality, Parker was always on his way after Curbushley recently dropped him, saying his mind wasn't focused due to the transfer speculation.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If I was blessed with superb footballing talent, I'd want to play first team football for every second of the short ten years I'd have at the top of the game.

I've never emphathised with footballers' willingness, nay falling-over-themselves-eagerness, to move to clubs already so overstuffed with players that they stand a minimal chance of getting even the occasional bench-warming appearance.

But then money is everything to some people.

Parker will become yet another of Chelsea's 87 potential first teamers, scrapping over the odd sub appearance or League Cup start. Stinkingly unfeasibly grossly rich for the rest of his life, yes, but having compromised significantly his brief period of playing first team football.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Did anyone see the picture in the Sun the othe rday of Scott Parker holding a banner saying Chelsea and Tottenham are Shit. Quite ironic really.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
tinx said:
To be fair to Charlton why force a player who blatantly doesn't want to be there to play for them, they're better off cashing in and having money to invest in their squad.

Parkers an idiot, he'll end up playing for Chelsea reserves rather than playing for Charlton in their bid for champions league football. what a pratt.
Totally agree. He now joins my list of footballers I hope sink without trace. And yet another reason to hate Chelsea.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
so he's offered a contract by another club which in all probability doubles or trebles his annual salary for the next 5 years.

before saying he's a fool,ask yourself the question of what you'd do in the same situation.......

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
just heard curbishly on the news and he was NOT happy with parker.

he said scott parker told him 'on 10 occasions' that he didnt want to play for charlton,etc and curbishly said the whole thing has left a very bad taste in his mouth.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a fool.
If he stays at Charlton, he'll play every game for the rest of the season, and will have every chance of playing his way into Erikssons squad for Euro 2004. If he goes to Chelsea, he'll be lucky to get a start in a quarter of their remaining fixtures, and barring a huge long-term injury crisis at the Bridge, will almost certainly have to make do with Joe Cole-type cameo appearances for the last 20 mins.

Hope he enjoys sitting at home and counting all his money this summer while he's watching the Euro's on his big, fancy Plasma TV.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well I think it's a good move myself. He gets Champions League tasters nice and early in career and will deffo get in the team ahead of Geremi and Gronkjaer. PLaying with the likes of Veron, Duff, Cole, Lampard will improve his game no end.

Duff, Cole and Lamps have all improved as players since their moves.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Parker will play about 450 minutes first team football at Chelsea between now and the end of the season. If he's lucky.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think he will play more and i know more about football than you lot put together so there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here