Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Heston - RIP

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Charlton Heston died on Saturday.
Charlton Heston, who won a best actor Oscar for his starring role in the epic Ben Hur has died, aged 84, a spokesman for the star's family has said.
WI277987_CharltonHeston.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7332960.stm

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A great actor but as spokesman for the NRA I can't say I'm too gutted at his passing.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Gordon Street? Ah, yes, Gordon Street. I once knew a girl who lived on Gordon Street. Long time ago, when I was a young man. Not a day passes I don't think her and the promise that I made which I will always keep. That one perfect day on Gordon Street. That's uh, five blocks up, two over.

Wayne: [choking back tears] Thank you.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Did they manage to get the rifle out of his "cold, dead hands"? :nono:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did they manage to get the rifle out of his "cold, dead hands"? :nono:

Its a shame a man will be remembered for those terrible sentiments, spoken so soon after another tragic shooting.

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
Gordon Street? Ah, yes, Gordon Street. I once knew a girl who lived on Gordon Street. Long time ago, when I was a young man. Not a day passes I don't think her and the promise that I made which I will always keep. That one perfect day on Gordon Street. That's uh, five blocks up, two over.

Wayne: [choking back tears] Thank you.

:lolol:
His best work, methinks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fine actor, a true Hollywood great. Shame he was tainted by his views on the right to bear arms but that shouldn't mar his passing.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
We shared the same birthday - i felt it made us close

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Natural causes I take it?

(couldn't be bothered to open the article).

I always thought it would be rather poetic if he climbed the stairway to heaven having been shot.

Stumpy Tim

Though the NRA does take the shine off his work, I do feel he was manipulated by the NRA during the last decade when Alzheimers took control. I remember Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine & thought how sad he looked at the end as he shuffled off - clearly a shadow of his former self.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Charlton Heston wasn't a great actor - he was a great filmstar. He had presence and charisma and appeared in some damn fine films. I disagreed with his political views and the NRA stuff was badly judged , but that doesn't distract from his cinema work.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He was a complete arsehole. But then he was in Ben Hur and was f***ing GREAT in it.

I remember when he did a play in the West End for which he had to wear a wig, which theatre critic Jack Tinker - who used to live in my old road in North Laine - described as "the only moving part of his performance".

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Charlton Heston wasn't a great actor - he was a great filmstar. He had presence and charisma and appeared in some damn fine films. I disagreed with his political views and the NRA stuff was badly judged , but that doesn't distract from his cinema work.

Foggy so what 'in your honest' makes a great actor and what makes a great filmstar...?

Are you an actor perchance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here