Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton facing admin

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Must be a South London thing, wonder if Millwall will be next ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They were a seemingly prudent club with a very wealthy 'backer' (Trevor Hemmings), but presumably the backing has dried up and they are suffering from being outside the premier league and parachute payments have dried up.

I think we are going to see a lot more clubs going into admin next year. You might only need 40 points to stay up in the football league.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Always a well run club, until they thought hiring Dowie would "get one over us" which seriously backfired.

Obviously a few clubs recently have had a fall from grace including Leeds, Sheff Wed etc over the last decade, none of them have fallen so quickly though so it's natural to fear for their immediate future!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They were a seemingly prudent club with a very wealthy 'backer' (Trevor Hemmings), but presumably the backing has dried up and they are suffering from being outside the premier league and parachute payments have dried up.

I think we are going to see a lot more clubs going into admin next year. You might only need 40 points to stay up in the football league.

However Prudent at premership costs are deadly costs at a lower level. I heard they had a player out on loan to a scottish club because they would pay about 2K a week of his 10K weekly wage bill.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Charlton was a trip away last season. Old fashioned football feel and we won. Wouldn't wish any harm on them, other than helping us to promotion next year.

If we could nick any of their players Racon would be top for me.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Is F.Richardson the RB still with them?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Doesn't Poyet's son play in their youth team?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
£40 million in debt and have until the end of July to raise the funds. Any of their players that Mr Poyet should have on his shopping list?

Where did you hear this snippet anyway ? There's no mention of it anywhere else.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Always seemed a decently run club from what i thought, nothing against them so hope they get through it, but could be one less team to worry about next season. Bailey would be class, but reckon he'd go to a championship club if he were to leave.
Thierry Racon, Darren Randolph, Scott Wagstaff, or Izale Mcleod would all be good signings.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Where did this info come from PSB - as doesn't seem to be any mention of it on the net? :shrug:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Where did this info come from PSB - as doesn't seem to be any mention of it on the net? :shrug:

Fataddick posted this just after Swindon pipped them to the playoff final.

We're skint and the club has started tearing itself apart. Our Head of Club Development has been openly posting on fans message boards that the CEO is useless and absentee and the board don't have the balls to sack him, we had to sell Shelvey to Liverpool for £1.75m *BEFORE* the play-offs (losing our best player in the process) to cover payments due, and reports are our debt is £40m and rising by 200k a week. We've already had to sell off our training ground, and selling the Valley is now pretty much inevitable.

Cheerful reading (albeit from the Daily Mail):

Charlton fear for future, even if they get promoted | Mail Online

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I happen to know that their Captain is on 10k per week with a win bonus of several thousand, no wonder they are in trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here