Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton easter monday??

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Don't think the council like us playing on Bank Holiday Mondays due to transport issues. Or it could be university parking problems.

I'm also expecting Millwall on Boxing day to be moved.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Indeed. If there are no trains, how on earth are they going to herd these mongs out of the area? We all know what complete tosspots they were on that evening game.

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
boxing day will be moved and Im gutted about that, it was a reason not to go to the in-laws.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
My friend a charlton fan said this is likely to be moved to the Tuesday....is there any reason for this??

Yes.

Gus likes his players to have a decent recovery between games.
He will try to move the Easter Saturday game to Good Friday, nd the monday game to Tuesday evening.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Don't think the council like us playing on Bank Holiday Mondays due to transport issues. Or it could be university parking problems.

Isn't it the fact that all seaside club are forbidden to play at home on a bank holiday Monday

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Boxing Day and Easter Monday should obviously be spent in church.Little Baby Jesus and Jesus Renewed dictate this.Holidays aren't just for enjoyment you know.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Has anyone actually said the Boxing Day game is not going ahead?

The usual lack of Boxing Day trains does not necessarily mean a permanent lack of Boxing Day trains. At the very least, I'd expect some sort of headbanging session to happen between the club and the train operators.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Why should it be? We're playing again on December 29th (and so are Millwall presumably), so when would it be rearranged for?

At some point BHAFC/The Amex needs to stand up and be counted as a top-class modern stadium. That means being able to host events even when everything is not running to plan. I've been to Wembley during a Tube strike and it worked well enough. The Amex is on the outskirts of Brighton, about half a mile from a couple of the city's largest residential areas. It's not Outer bloody Mongolia. Boxing Day football is a tradition, and if we are genuinely NEVER going to be able to host it then our transport infrastructure is embarrassingly frail.

Same reason our game against Reading was moved at easter. Park and Ride is needed for the Sales and not for Football, think your find it was part of the planning agreement, but happy to be told otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here