£25 isn't too bad either if true.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
According to the website.

Any ideas on what allocation we'll get?

Looking forward to this one!

£25 isn't too bad either if true.

You'll get the whole Jimmy Seed (South) Stand, which is 3,400.

As regards ticket prices, our top price tickets (which the away end is categorised as) have been priced at £25 all season - apart from Barnsley which was £5, and Peterborough which will be £10 - BUT Charlton announced last week that they are putting up the prices for the Brighton and Ipswich games in December, which will be £30. So it's £30 not £25 - take it as a compliment or something x

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
£30 is good value....well compared to Palace tickets anyway!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I expected £30 to be honest. Interesting that Ipswich is the other higher priced match. Is this to do with the fact they are the most expensive to go to as an away fan? Think it was getting on for £40 last season- but I may be imagining that!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't get how clubs can charge different amounts for what is the same product. Seems wrong to me and I'm surprised that Trading standards haven't taken a look at this before.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Supply and demand. Just like how Wetherspoons charge more at Gatwick then they do down George Street.

If it wasn't for the Flying Horse at South terminal I would never get myself onto a plane. Happy to pay a premium there.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Any Idea on Loyalty points for this one?

also if you have not brought a ticket before can you do so online? I have family over for the Xmas period and want to take them to an away game, this could be ideal.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I don't get how clubs can charge different amounts for what is the same product. Seems wrong to me and I'm surprised that Trading standards haven't taken a look at this before.

It's no worse than airlines and train companies charging something like £20 for a seat if you book weeks in advance but £150 for the same seat if you buy it on the day. In fact, that's exactly what Cardiff, Derby and Bristol City are doing this season, changing the price of matchday tickets (for at least some matches) depending on how early you buy them. I think it's the way forward, tbh.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I'd like to see matchday prices based on the quality of the game. So for example, Club X prices its 10-out-of-10 rated home games at £40 for an adult ticket in a certain stand. People buy their tickets on credit/debit card for £40 in advance of the game. An independent expert at the game rates the game out of 10 for quality (in an objective way, ie not skewed towards whether the home or away fans in particular would have been entertained by it, but how a neutral would), if it's rated below 10 people are refunded £4 per point (£2 per half-point) that it's below. So, if for example it's rated 7/10, the ticket holder has £12 of what he paid refunded to his credit card. If it's rated 2/10 he gets back £30 so at least he "only paid a tenner for that shite". Season ticket seats would work on the same basis, but would be priced a little lower - £35 for a 10/10 game (£3.50 per point refund), say. ST holders could either pay for the whole season up front (getting money back throughout the season after each non-10/10 game), or in instalments of say 5-or-6 games, with the overall refund for that batch of games reducing the price of the next installment, etc. I think this idea is a work of genius, although no club will adopt it as it makes planning cashflow a total nightmare...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Am I being dumb as I can't see any information for this on the official site?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not dumb, under the ticket section Friday is the expected date that tickets will go on sale, but not always adhered to. No official announcement yet.

Personally I don't see the ticket sales starting on Friday given the Leeds game the same evening, more likely to be Sunday or the following week.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not dumb, under the ticket section Friday is the expected date that tickets will go on sale, but not always adhered to. No official announcement yet.

Personally I don't see the ticket sales starting on Friday given the Leeds game the same evening, more likely to be Sunday or the following week.

Ticket sales online friday in person or on the phone monday! FACT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here