Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton after Knight

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Charlton Athletic Football Club want striker Knight
11:14 November, 16, 2004
Leon Knight is a target for Charlton Athletic Football Club manager Alan Curbishley.

Mail The FansFC Editor
Send This Article To A Friend
Post Your View on The Msg Board

The 22-year-old signed for Brighton in August 2003 after a loan spell at the Withdean Stadium and was instrumental in Brighton’s promotion to the Championship last season.

Knight, formerly of Chelsea has scored 22 league goals in 55 games for the Seagulls and previously had a successful loan spell with Huddersfield Town.

Brighton are keen to hang on to the striker but are in need of money to fund their bid for a new stadium and a big money offer from a Premiership or top Championship side would be hard to turn down.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Is his agent throwing his name about or something?

I should think that would be the case. Trying to push for a new contract offer.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
They can have Dick Knight as far as I am concerned !

I'll get my coat!

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Funny how Knight seems to be linked with managers who have either played for or managed the club in the past (Copout & Curbs).

Maybe they are going to do us a favour by paying loads of dosh for Leon just in time to save the club from a cash crisis just like Howard Wilkinson did with Beeney a few years back. I seem to remember that transfer saved us from bankrupacy.

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
He is not proven in this division.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Charlton in for Leon?!... now that would be an immense surprise... he hasn't even found his feet in the Championship yet... and NOT Prem material, IMHO...

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
1 goal in open play this season.

The Prem teams must me queued around the block!

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
If the opportunity arises, we should sell Knight and use some of the fee/wage savings to buy a biggish striker. The new man would replace Claridge (who was impressive on Saturday but cant go on for ever) and play alongside Robinson. Im not talking about McCammon. How about Zamora and Robinson together, this season or next?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Harry Lime said:
If the opportunity arises, we should sell Knight and use some of the fee/wage savings to buy a biggish striker. The new man would replace Claridge (who was impressive on Saturday but cant go on for ever) and play alongside Robinson. Im not talking about McCammon. How about Zamora and Robinson together, this season or next?

More than 15000 reasons per week why we wont get BZ

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
West Ham United Football Club chase Seagulls hotshot
11:12 November, 16, 2004
Brighton's Leon Knight is a target for West Ham United Football Club boss Alan Pardew.

Mail The FansFC Editor
Send This Article To A Friend
Post Your View on The Msg Board

Pardew is looking to sign another striker with Bobby Zamora out of form and injury doubts over Teddy Sheringham.

The 22-year-old signed for Brighton in August 2003 after a loan spell at the Withdean Stadium and was instrumental in Brighton’s promotion to the Championship last season.

Knight, formerly of Chelsea has scored 22 league goals in 55 games for the Seagulls and previously had a successful loan spell with Huddersfield Town.

Brighton are keen to hang on to the striker but are in need of money to fund their bid for a new stadium and a big money offer from a Premiership or top Championship side would be hard to turn down.

Spot the difference?

Clearly a quiet news day on Fans FC :D

Or they are just another crap site

Last edited:

:lolol: :lol: Brilliant.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Find <club name A> and replace with <club name B>... what a load of utter bollox!!... :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here