Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway - Not good enough ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well I thought he had a damn good game today whatever anybody says.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
since his poor performace against ipswich or norwich (cant remember which one) he's been playingf so much better

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If anyone thinks he doesn't do his best, I suggest they say it to his face.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
As one of those who always stands up for Charlie, I was pleased he had such a good game today.

:clap: :clap:

Only Blayney's latest piece of magic denies the skipper MOTM I reckon.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I'll put my hand up and admit i have been critical of Charlie in the past, but he was superb today.:)

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Stevie_boy said:
since his poor performace against ipswich or norwich (cant remember which one) he's been playingf so much better

It must have been Norwich. His going off in the Ipswich game totally changed the game and allowed Ipswich back into the game. Before that point, Charlie had the Ipswich midfield in his pocket, allowing Hammond to bomb forward. Once Charlie went off the game was transformed against us.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
West Hoathly Seagull said:
It must have been Norwich. His going off in the Ipswich game totally changed the game and allowed Ipswich back into the game. Before that point, Charlie had the Ipswich midfield in his pocket, allowing Hammond to bomb forward. Once Charlie went off the game was transformed against us.

Norwich it was then

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
The thread title is correct, Charlie Oatway is not Good Enough

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
NMH said:
I wonder why Albert Jarrett doesn't get more games - he's skilled and takes on defenders, only lacks that finishing touch - or maybe the confidence to have a decent shot sometimes.

He's injured.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Albert can run at players but cannot defend to save his life.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Charlie magnificent today.Definitely a Championship player.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Frutos is far better than Jarrett at present - all the attacking ability, but also defends decently.

As for Oatway, he's good enough to do certain jobs, but we all know his weaknesses too well. Long-term he's not really a Championship player, but he's doing a fair job now.

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
Is he good enough? No, not really. I don't suppose he'd get into any other side in this league. But his commitment to the cause is unquestionable, and he gets more out of his limited ability than he has any right to. Once Roy Keane decides that the best place to see out his dotage is at an athletics stadium on the south coast then Charlie may not get a regular game, but I hear from a club insider that there's a still a gap to be closed between his wage demand and our offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here