Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charity Golf day with Albion players and V V Special Guest

patricksullivan

Jun 17, 2011
Hove
Gentlemen,

Fancy playing a round with one of you footballing hero's? (not like that, dirty minds)

I am in the process of organising a celebrity charity golf day and just want people thoughts.

We are looking at having 6/7 Albion players and some other celebrity's take part, plus a very special guest!!!

What i want from you guys on here is feedback in respect of prices and dates.

We have 2 dates provisionally booked, 13th November and march 2012.

Prices will be £149 Per person which includes 18 holes at Singing hills Golf Club, 2 course dinner, entertainment, Charity Auction.

For the money you will be in a 4 ball with a player or celebrity.

This is my first attempt at a charity golf day and just want to know any ideas you may have and suggestions to make the day special, plus would you pay £149.00 or is it a touch too much?

We will be having a professional photographer at the event and photos will be available when you have finished playing a round with your player/celebrity (stop it!!).

All advice is welcome and if your interested jsut say and i will keep you in the loop.

Regards

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The REMF charity golfday is about £100 cheaper than that I think although I guess you need to pay the "celebrities" fees

A lot of money plus expecting even more for the aution IMO

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
Yep, too dear. November or March could be raining, snowing etc. and like Gazwag says, more money on top for the auction would make for a very expensive round of golf.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
depends how many people you are trying to attract and how exclusive you want it to be.

i might, just might, pay that if i wasnt gonna end up with Bobby Davro, it was a good cause and i didnt have to spend any money on the auction.

but then again i wouldnt because i wouldnt want to humiliate myself with my woeful if enthusiastic golf:smile:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
depends how many people you are trying to attract and how exclusive you want it to be.

i might, just might, pay that if i wasnt gonna end up with Bobby Davro, it was a good cause and i didnt have to spend any money on the auction.

but then again i wouldnt because i wouldnt want to humiliate myself with my woeful if enthusiastic golf:smile:

Just to get that right, you would pay £149 to NOT play golf with Bobby Davro ? That sounds like a good business opportunity.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
To be fair Patrick as previously stated £149 is a bit high given the proposed time of year, having done a number of events I would also look at entering in to contracts with the celebrities and footballers, because the last thing you need is a number of teams taking this up and ending up with no stars.

On a footballing note about 20 years or so ago a number of local clubs got caught out by the Jess Conrad XI, we did at Worthing United, we had to pay Jess £1500 up front, a lot of money in those days, and he came up with this squad which included Jim Davidson, Eddie Kidd, Frank Bruno, Nigel Benn and other celebs of simular ilk, on the day he had more fallers than the Grand National and we ended up with a near 500 crowd watching the celeb team made up of Jess, John Leslie and a collection of cameramen, sound and lighting technicians.

Jess then pointed out, as he did with the several other Sussex clubs, that his squad was always subject to avaliability.

Last edited:

patricksullivan

Jun 17, 2011
Hove
thanks very much for everyone taking time to put their views across, please keep them coming, im already going down to £99.00 for the event to keep it in touch with all of your comments.
thanks again

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

D

Deleted member 2719

To be fair Patrick as previously stated £149 is a bit high given the proposed time of year, having done a number of events I would also look at entering in to contracts with the celebrities and footballers, because the last thing you need is a number of teams taking this up and ending up with no stars.

On a footballing note about 20 years or so ago a number of local clubs got caught out by the Jess Conrad XI, we did at Worthing United, we had to pay Jess £1500 up front, a lot of money in those days, and he came up with this squad which included Jim Davidson, Eddie Kidd, Frank Bruno, Nigel Benn and other celebs of simular ilk, on the day he had more fallers than the Grand National and we ended up with a near 500 crowd watching the celeb team made up of Jess, John Leslie and a collection of cameramen, sound and lighting technicians.

Jess then pointed out, as he did with the several other Sussex clubs, that his squad was always subject to avaliability.

Yes i remember him having a team play at Petworth Park and the only geezer i reconised in his team on the day was the inspector on "The Bill".

I suppose in hindsight the clue was in his name Jess CONrad!

On the Golf Day i love Golf and i do play in all weathers but if you have to shell out a few quid it should be may - Sept and then it would be much more appealing.For dinner maybe two different celebs/footballers on each table (one's you didn't play golf with) on a table of eight, might create a better value for money event.So you would get 3 altogether.

Just an idea like.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
A few quick questions:-

Has Singing Hills already agreed to a golf day on a Sunday, even if it is in November?
What time do you propose to have the first 4-ball tee-off?
Which Albion players are going to play in the middle of the season?
Who are the "celebs"?
Who is the "Special Guest"?
What is the after dinner (?) entertainment?
Lastly, what is the charity?

Thanks, look forward to the answers.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
You cant get better than REMF Golf Day with the celebrity that is 'Chairman Tony' in my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here