Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chapman and Hinshelwood take over at Burgess Hill......

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Apparently is actually fact and you are correct... good pairing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Great! Especially glad for Adam to be actively involved. But how does a club like Burgess Hill afford them because although they wotn be "expensive" in a footballing sense, they will both require a living wage presumably

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
BHTFC Press release

Burgess Hill Town Football Club announced today that Ian Chapman former Brighton & Hove Albion defender has been appointed to manage the First Team with immediate effect. Chapman (41 years old) made 281 appearances for the Albion between 87 & 96 and is highly regarded as a player and coach. His strong links with Youth Football will benefit the club’s existing successful youth set up.

Chairman Kevin Newell said “ Despite the heroics of the last few games of the season, the board recognised that the hapless start of last year could not be repeated, and we needed to make an early decision to ensure we get of on the right foot next season. Ian brings a wealth of football knowledge and experience and we are all very excited about this appointment”

Ian Chapman will bring in as his number 2 another ex-Brighton player, Adam Hinshelwood. Adam (28 years old) made 100 appearances for the Albion and also had spells at Aldershot Town and Wycombe Wanderers. eHe has recently been managing Selsey in the Sussex County League, and didn’t make the difficult decision to leave there lightly. However the prospect of a step up and working with Ian persuaded him.

General Manager Richard Strange added “I’m very pleased that we have been able to make this decision early to allow Ian & Adam the time to plan ahead and I think it’s a positive & exciting appointment for the local community and the club.”

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Superb, 5 min walk from my door, So i get to cheer Chappers and Hinsh on when the Albion are away from home :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here