Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chap Test #2 - Umberellers

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Are they

• essential for keeping the shape of your bespoke suit
  • an ideal pulling item for that spontaneous display of gallantry
  • the mark of the sort of Gent who reads GQ and can tell expensive cufflinks and that
  • the dull middle aged suburban golfers corporate giveaway friend
  • FOR BIRDS NOT TO GET THEIR HAIR WET

thoughts? Do you find them a vital piece of kit or something that makes you want to hammer a selfish unsespecting commuter right on the bridge of their nose, concussing them in the middle of London Bridge station?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The same deal as with man bags - don't like carrying things around - so NO.
I do have one that fit's on the side of my golf bag though.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Something that makes you want to hammer a selfish unsespecting commuter right on the bridge of their nose, concussing them in the middle of London Bridge station?

THIS.

Umbrellas f*** me right off.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Always have a micro umbrella shoved down the back of the cabin bag, stops you getting wet at the other end..

Attachments

• micro umbrella.jpg
    micro umbrella.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 154

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I like a SMALL man umbrella. When worn properly they can look quite Jack the Biscuit.
I like this answer, with extra marks for use of the term JACK THE BISCUIT.

No, I don't do the gentleman's brolly thing, but one that fits inside your coat pocket or work man-bag is perfectly acceptable.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've never owned an umbrella in my life, I find the slightest gust of wind renders them pointless

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Funnily they are useful when it is raining. When the option is a coat above a suit, or umbrella in a briefcase, it is umbrella in a briefcase.

Clearly the more manly thing is to ignore the rain and get wet. But it does make you look, well - a little wet.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
one thing that P*SS*S me right off is when you are walking under on overhanging building in a high street to keep out of the rain, and some TWAT with an umbrella up is also walking under it making you have to duck out the way to avoid loosing an eye. If you have an umbrella, walk in the F*CK*NG midlle bit or take the brolly down!!!!!!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have a blue and white Albion GOLFING umbrella in my cupboard, but its very rarely used. To be honest, it needs to be proper TIPPING it down before I'd consider leaving the house with it. Although the shelter it provides is both welcome and useful in a "hey I'm still dry" kind of way, its a right pain in the ARSE to carry around once the destination has been reached (be it pub, cinema or perhaps even a combination of venues).

Therefore, unless it is an out-and-out MONSOON, I'll usually just hurry along in the rain umbrella-less, squinting my eyes a bit.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here