Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Channel 4 axe Big Brother

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yeah, right. they are axing it two years away?

well we can only hope. about 10 years too late if you ask me

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
But will the current series have ended by then?

From the Guardian:
However, Big Brother is unlikely to disappear from UK TV screens, with another broadcaster expected to step in to pick up the rights from Endemol.

Sky One?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They always signed up for 10 years and added another to make it eleven a couple of years ago.

I am an avid watcher an think it is perfect TV to watch people. Its cheap to make, gets loads of attention from the main stream press and fills loads of hours during the summer months.

Next years will be contestants from all the previous serious returning so I imagine will help endomol sell it on to a cable station.

Altough this years is one of the better series I have noticed a massive drop in people I work with, family and friends who watch it. How come this has avoided its true home in the BB section (which again could probably be abolised as very few people on here are bothered by it anymore).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am an avid watcher an think it is perfect TV to watch people. Its cheap to make, gets loads of attention from the main stream press and fills loads of hours during the summer months.

Why, in the name of all that is HOLY, would you want to fill "loads of hours" of your summer months watching this dreck ?

Life really is too short.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Why, in the name of all that is HOLY, would you want to fill "loads of hours" of your summer months watching this dreck ?

Life really is too short.

What else is their to do in weeks like this when no crickets on? Anyhow it would also deprive me of many magical Charlie Brooker moments like this, are you from Shoreham, I reckon you could be that Leo bloke who sings about 2:00-2:25 into the clip.

[yt]trcA4r41OL8[/yt]

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here