Changing Clocks - The Poll

What's your time preference?

• Total voters

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Three options with no fence sitting.

• Permanent British Summer Time
  • Same as France (1 hour forward from current)
  • Leave well alone

Has to be permanent BST for me. Oh, and this is for ENGLAND. Scotland can do what it likes, as can Wales.

D

Deleted member 18477

scotlands a shite country anyway... Permanent BST! BOOM!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I do believe that one of the options that has been discussed (and isn't on the poll) is double summer time. That is our winter time will be our current BST (i.e. GMT + 1) and summer time will become DST, Double Summer Time (GMT + 2).

I can't be arsed to google it to check if I'm right, but I did hear it somewhere. I'm against it and voted 'no change'.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I do believe that one of the options that has been discussed (and isn't on the poll) is double summer time. That is our winter time will be our current BST (i.e. GMT + 1) and summer time will become DST, Double Summer Time (GMT + 2).

I can't be arsed to google it to check if I'm right, but I did hear it somewhere. I'm against it and voted 'no change'.

That's the second option on the poll, Central European Time (CET), so we are GMT+1 in winter and GMT +2 in summer.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Where was not bothered on the poll?

Oh not bothered btw

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Permanent CET, it is a real pain in the behind when you work in Europe trying to figure out when it might be appropriate to phone the UK, to catch people in work or not on their lunch break.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That's the second option on the poll, Central European Time (CET), so we are GMT+1 in winter and GMT +2 in summer.
Ah! fair enough, my mistake, I mis-interpreted that option, I thought it meant year-round without a Daylight Saving change.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Permanent CET for me. Forget that this is a European things and ask yourself what is there not to like about longer summer evenings and lighter winter mornings.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As an aside, the shortest day is 21st December so why do the clocks go back last weekend in October (approx 2 months before the shortest day) but don't go forward again until last weekend in March (approx 3 months after shortest day).

If I were to change anything it would be to put the clocks forward at the end of February so we get lighter evenings 1 month earlier.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
CET

lighter evenings please

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Greenwich Mean Time. We were the ones who standardised time around the world so let the world change not us. The number of daylight hours in December won't get any longer because we've changed to CET. We tried double Summer time in the early 1970s and it wasn't just Scotland who didn't like the dark mornings. After 3 years of the experiment the vast majority of people were happy to go back to what we have now.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As an aside, the shortest day is 21st December so why do the clocks go back last weekend in October (approx 2 months before the shortest day) but don't go forward again until last weekend in March (approx 3 months after shortest day).

If I were to change anything it would be to put the clocks forward at the end of February so we get lighter evenings 1 month earlier.
That's exactly how it was until about 10 (?) years ago. They changes it to the current to sync with Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here