Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Play-Off Final Official Match Thread*** Reading FC vs Swansea City FC***

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Both teams head into the showdown on the back of storming runs of form, with Swansea having won four of their last five games, and drawn the other, while Reading have lost just one of their last 12.

Reading's influential wide man Jimmy Kebe is struggling to overcome a thigh injury in time for the clash.

The Malian winger has missed the last six matches, including both legs of the semi-final triumph over Cardiff, and manager McDermott will give him as long as possible to try and prove his fitness.

Hal Robson-Kanu, who had stood in for Kebe, is fit for the showpiece encounter having himself missed the second leg of the semi-final in Cardiff with a hamstring problem sustained in the first meeting between the two sides at the Madejski Stadium.

He will battle it out with Shaun Cummings for a place on the right of midfield should Kebe not make it, with the Royals boasting an otherwise fully-fit squad.

Swans boss Rodgers does not have any injury concerns ahead of the match, although left-back Neil Taylor remains suspended.

Skipper Garry Monk has overcome a slight stomach bug and trained on Thursday, leaving him fit to occupy his centre-back role alongside Ashley Williams.

Alan Tate will again line up at left-back in place of Taylor who serves the second game of a three-match ban for his dismissal in the first leg of Swans' 3-1 aggregate semi-final victory over Nottingham Forest.

Rodgers will keep faith with his trusted 4-3-3 formation and could name the same XI who started the second leg against Forest.

I advise everyone to get on Reading LARGE.
My tip is Reading to win 3-1 + Ian Harte to score first @ 155-1 :thumbsup: lumping a fiver on

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I honestly can't see past a Swansea win. Dobbie to score first and 2-1 final score

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This smells like an unofficial thread to me, but hey-ho. Swansea win please, a bit of Welsh in the Prem is long overdue.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
yeh swans will win , there style should be to much for reading , i would love a trip to reading next year aswell

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Would prefer Swansea to win, but not all that bothered. I think if Reading go up they will be absolutely slaughtered in the Premier League.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The build up has been amazing here in Wales, it means a lot to Welsh football, they really have all of the country (bar some Cardiff City fans, but not all!) willing them on. I hope they do it.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
It's a match really that both teams want to lose as the prize is a trip to the AMEX next season for the defeated. A place in the Premier League is small consolation to the winner.

Personnally I hope Swansea are the unlucky team that takes the victory.

:amex: :amex: :amex:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Don't really care but can't see past a Swansea win, 2-1.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's a match really that both teams want to lose as the prize is a trip to the AMEX next season for the defeated. A place in the Premier League is small consolation to the winner.

Personnally I hope Swansea are the unlucky team that takes the victory.

:amex: :amex: :amex:

The very same argument I put forward to my Swansea supporting friend Trefor.......:)

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Any streams?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Some feisty old tackles going in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here