Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champions of England

Buzzard

Oct 5, 2009
Just looked at my copy of On this day and noticed that tomorrow (monday 05 September) is the anniverary of the Seagulls beating Aston villa to be crowned champions of England and where are we sitting at the moment, at the top of the Championship (old first division) where Villa were. Monday the Same day of the week as well. Spooky and is this a possible sign. :albion2:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Just looked at my copy of On this day and noticed that tomorrow (monday 05 September) is the anniverary of the Seagulls beating Aston villa to be crowned champions of England and where are we sitting at the moment, at the top of the Championship (old first division) where Villa were. Monday the Same day of the week as well. Spooky and is this a possible sign. :albion2:

Sorry to rain on your parade, but you appear to have missed the fact that The Premiership is the old "First Division", The Championship is the old "Second Division".

Buzzard

Oct 5, 2009
Pork pie, The premiership is a break away league run independently and the Championship is the top football league division. You will find that the trophy given to the winners of the championship is the original and therefore the one given to the football associations champions. My thread was just a link between the dates and where we are currently sitting. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here